Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Advice on what to use here please
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:57 am »
Hi guys,

Had an enquiry off facebook today, it's slighty outside our normal work, ie its indoors!

Here is the message, if you need more info let me know and I'll try to get it

They have used brick acid, so it maybe too late !!

We recently had our kitchen done by some not so professional builders, one of the things that went wrong was when they were laying beige/sand colour floor tiles, they left the charcoal coloured grout on too long and it's left alot of residue on the tops of the tiles. We've tried a little with brick acid to rectify, but just me and a kitchen scourer. Is there anything more you can think of to rectify this?

Thx

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Advice on what to use here please
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:19 am »
Hi Darran, i would be happy to send on a product that should sort the problem for you, hopefully the brick acid is not after etching the surface,

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:13:20 am »
Hi Tadgh

Awaiting photos just to have some idea what/how bad it is !!

Yes if you have something that will do it I'll give it a go, just let me know what it will cost

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:35:13 pm »
Hi Tadgh

Awaiting photos just to have some idea what/how bad it is !!

Yes if you have something that will do it I'll give it a go, just let me know what it will cost

Darran
  Okay Darran, we will wait to see the pictures and check what type of tiles have been laid.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 10:08:51 am »
Hi guys,

Ok here are the tiles, floor area is approx 20 m2

So what will clean it, how much does the stuff cost, how do I use it and how long will it take ??

Darran

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 01:17:31 am »
Hi Darran, can you find out from your client is it epoxy or standard grouting, looks like standard but just to err on the side of caution, anyway i will give you a call on Monday.   Regards Tadgh