Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

management company quote
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:43:31 am »
got the call off them today.their gonna email me all the details and addresses of apartments etc and ill go and price them up hopefully this week.

i was thinking of offering to clean them every 3 months.emailing them the quote.

if i do get the job would emailing them an invoice with bank details for the whole job(say all 50 apartments listed 1-50)be ok?

for example at the top of invoice id put

address 1-50

i dont want to put an invoice in individually for each apartment as its a lot of apartments.id want to send an invoice joblot style if you know what i mean?

any advice welcome guys

cheers

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

trees

Re: management company quote
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:17 am »
normally with most management companies it will be a quarterly clean and all we put on our invoices is
External window cleaning on "building or development name" as requested  and then how much it is
The people we deal with accept invoices by pdf by email one thing to factor into your cost is you will more than likely have to wait 2-3 months for payment it would be a good idea to get the email address of the person who deals with your payments so you have a point of contact to chase up invoices also it might be worth checking if the management company have an approved contractor list or scheme you have to join before being accepted  :) A lot of the larger management companies we deal with now want you to be approved

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:48:38 am »
Same as I put the site name and address on invoice and then a brief description like.
Work carried out
External window clean flats 1-50 davis court.
I do work for a few company's and most of mine is monthly some bi monthly,nothing quarterly.
All the ones I do are very good payers 30 days max.

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:04 am »
yeah daz i wouldnt do yaself out of 8 months of work if you can get it, those people prob pay a monthly maintenance charge so should really be recieving monthly window cleaning try and contact the person responsible to get more information regarding frequency etc if its local its worth getting monthly if its bit of drive then go less frequent
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Window Lickers

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 11:45:22 am »
Not neccessarily the case Richy. Just because they pay a monthly charge, which in all likelihood they do, that the windows are meant to be cleaned on a monthly basis. The amount they charge is dependant on what the running costs of an apartment of flats is. Theres allsorts of communal charges, lighting, gardening of communal areas, carpet cleaning/replacement, guttering, roofing, communal paths, fencing. Allsorts.

If we used your analogy Richy they'd be getting their carpets cleaned monthly and new fences every month. Which doesnt happen, a four yearly window cleaning visit will simply be broken down into a 12 monthly budget.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:54:56 pm »
I have blocks of flats that are every other month or quarterly. None monthly.
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »
I agree.  It is very unusual (IME) for such work to be monthly.
I just email a .pdf file after the quarterly clean with the the management company name in the top box and "window cleaning at address 1-50 xxx court, town" in the itemisation box.  One amount for whole job at the bottom.  I seem to be luckier than many on here as the cheque pops through my letter box within a week.  I would prefer BACS but they don't do thast - but I'm not going to argue with a cheque if it's such a fast turnaround time.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »
i got the email with all the addresses this morning so i went and priced up 50 apartments.its right next to loads of other work i clean so no driving between jobs! ;)

shes wants a monthly clean and how much it would cost annually so i emailed  her 2 options 12 monthly cleans and 6 two monthly cleans and the annual amounts.

fingers crossed!if i get the job itll be a good earner! ;)

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 05:37:00 pm »
it was too hard to work out which windows were part of each separate apartment so i priced up per window.if i get the job my extreme 47 will be earning its money as the 3 storey windows need at least a 35 ft pole! ;) ;D

deeege

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
Don't worry about pricing it individually Daz. Just put a price in per site. You can always divide the total price by the amount of apartments if you want to know the price per apartment.

Also make sure you get the full cleaning spec from the management company before submitting your quote. The communal area windows are expected to be cleaned internally on a lot of sites too and the dpec should detail this.

Good luck with it!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 09:34:41 pm »
cheers danny!i think ive priced them fairly without overcharging.the thing is i dont know what price the other current window cleaning company charges!

windows are easy to get to and no access issues. ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »
Those tend to be the sort of jobs where you need to estimate how long it will take for the whole job and base your price on that (plus a margin for error).  "Per window" usually ends up being too high a price I've found but good luck to you if you can get the job that way.
For example:  One job I have like this would cost about £200/£220 a clean if I did my "per window" formula on it.  However, I reckon I wouldn't have got the job.  I actually do it for around 60% of the "per window" price.  Due to the bulk, I can still make reasonable money from it (it's quarterly BTW).  All can be cleaned from one parking point.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »
i know what you mean paul but to be honest these apartments are in a very affluent area and the rows and rows of 3 storey windows are high needing me to use my extreme 47 at 35 ft(at least).i reckon ill clean all 50 apartments in a day but itll be a hard days poling thats for sure.

the price per apartment isnt high but itll be a VERY good day rate if i get the job.the sweetener was offering to clean them 2 monthly at the same price.

i spent years working too cheaply in this game.i dont want to revisit them days anytime soon! ;)

im not bothered whether i get the job or not really as im happy with my workload as it is but itll be a nice bonus if i do! :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »
i know what you mean paul but to be honest these apartments are in a very affluent area and the rows and rows of 3 storey windows are high needing me to use my extreme 47 at 35 ft(at least).i reckon ill clean all 50 apartments in a day but itll be a hard days poling thats for sure.

the price per apartment isnt high but itll be a VERY good day rate if i get the job.the sweetener was offering to clean them 2 monthly at the same price.

i spent years working too cheaply in this game.i dont want to revisit them days anytime soon! ;)

im not bothered whether i get the job or not really as im happy with my workload as it is but itll be a nice bonus if i do! :)

Not being overly bothered about getting the job is a great basis on which to price :) .  Also, it sounds like the job is much higher than the one I mentioned.  Mine can be done with a 27 footer.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:27 pm »
Well? Did you get it Dazmond?

robert mitchell

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 04:05:59 pm »
I do quite a lot of these , the frequency of window cleaning is specified in there contracts usually .

Most are quarterly but i do have one block that is monthly .

The management company i do work for pay within seven days .

most blocks are on the same estate so is my best paying work .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 07:09:00 pm »
Well? Did you get it Dazmond?

ive not heard anything off them!i think i was too expensive!oh well!plenty of work to be cracking on with from tomorrow.i picked up quite a few add on jobs last month to be cleaned this month so im all ready to go with hot water system plumbed in and working fine.

i have a record month (earnings wise!)pencilled in for this month(no im not joking dave!) ;)