Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

als_cleaning

beware oily frames!!!
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:10:05 am »
cleaned a house on monday with brown wood efect upvc frames. The frames looked cleaner and darker than normal as their usualy covered in dust from the gravel drive. anyway carried on as normal only to find oily deposits in the water. should have known better as i know some conservatory fitters use wd40 to cover blemishes and scratches to make finished job look better. contaminated the brush and had to leave windows with oily emulsion on glass, still have to explain to customer reason for the state of their windows, and could they please REFRAIN FROM OILING THEIR WINDOWS!!!!! >:(

carl stanton

Re: beware oily frames!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:42:18 am »
i think that some frame cleaners or revivers or whatever they are, are oily, leave oily deposit had same problem last year, but was doing trad so not affected as much, i would say you may have to get them ol ladders out or somehow use a detergent??
    carl

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:41:09 pm »
I think it is about time that an attachment was available for WFP use that allows you to draw into the hose a tiny percentage of detergent or other chemical.
Much as you can with pressure washers and so on.

This would allow for a little more versatility, particularly on first time cleans that are really gopping :o
At the moment, so long as I am not working at too great a height I'll just plunge the brush into my bucket, which always has Unger liquid in there, I guess it could be fairy liquid or GG3 and so on.
So with a soapy brush I will scrub and was the windows and frames of work that I deem it necessary that detergent is needed.

It's a pain doing it this way, would be so much better to be able to actually have a controlled feed of whatever solution you feel you need to use.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there that can do this?
And give you a high level of control of just how much solution is drawn into the feed?

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:43:31 pm »
I think it is about time that an attachment was available for WFP use that allows you to draw into the hose a tiny percentage of detergent or other chemical.
Much as you can with pressure washers and so on.

This would allow for a little more versatility, particularly on first time cleans that are really gopping :o
At the moment, so long as I am not working at too great a height I'll just plunge the brush into my bucket, which always has Unger liquid in there, I guess it could be fairy liquid or GG3 and so on.
So with a soapy brush I will scrub and was the windows and frames of work that I deem it necessary that detergent is needed.

It's a pain doing it this way, would be so much better to be able to actually have a controlled feed of whatever solution you feel you need to use.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there that can do this?
And give you a high level of control of just how much solution is drawn into the feed?

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

carl stanton

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 06:55:32 pm »
dont car pressure washers have some sort of detergent feed! and there is the plant food attachment for hose it wouild be that kind of idea, but with a total shut valve. if ya know what i mean

if i make no sense, im tired, just got back from a naff day, a wet blanket day! ::)

als_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 07:48:32 pm »
If you fitted a  T piece into your main line it would create a vacuum in the branch line. you could fit a small tap and dip the tube into your detergent, i think thats how those garden fertilizer sprays work.

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 08:09:41 pm »
i would say that would do the trick, it would be easy to fit and with a shut5 off valve/ tap you could attach a 500ml or 1ltr bottle to the t peice or pole.

simbag

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 08:44:38 pm »
I know tucker do a detergent bottle for their poles. I know its designed to be used with their dual feed hose, but I don't know if it will work with any other pole systems.

Plus I don't think its particular cheap either, around £60 for the unit if I recall correctly :o

take a look anyway http://www.tuckerpolesystemsuk.co.uk/?page_id=3

Simon

carl stanton

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 08:48:05 pm »
seems the job! but nothing special, can make your own though!

simbag

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 08:51:15 pm »
I stand corrected, I've just checked the price list - £75.09! I presume thats +VAT too  ;D