Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Checkatrade advertising
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »
I saw a customer today who is a plumber and swears by checkatrade and he says he has had 3 or 4 calls most days... Has anyone advertised using this? From what i understand it's free but you have to go through a vetting process... I'm surprised as to the fact there are hardly any window cleaners on there in suffolk(there are a few) but just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Rob@Blast off

Re: Checkatrade advertising
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:02:36 pm »
I thought is was around £500 for the year?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:06:32 pm »
Woops i think your right,i misread the 'FAQ' section as it says free to consumer...

If that's the case has anyone paid for this service or know if it's any good? I know plumbing is different but 3 or 4 calls a day is far more than i have had from google adwords... I'm spending about 35-40 pounds a week at the moment with pretty disappointing results  :-(

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »
Yes, I am on there.. It's more like £750 a year   ???
You can't polish a turd

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 04:19:02 pm »
DaveG have you picked up alot of work from it? How many calls a day or week do you get?

Neil Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »
Prices are different for everyone. I think if you are the only trade it's cheaper to get numbers up, I know someone who paid zilch! I paid around £550.

It's worked for me, not massive amounts but definitely enough to justify it and I'm only 6-8 months in.

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »
To be honest I don't get that much from it, I've been on there 4 years and this will probably be the last.

Don't get me wrong I've had some nice jobs from it... it's also a good reference point for new customers..
You can't polish a turd

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »
Neil jones... What is the vetting process like? Is it just a case of them visiting a few of your customers etc? I assume check insurance details etc? Defo considering it...

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »
ps neil jones.. how many calls a week do you think you have had from it in the 6-8 months you have been on it?

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 04:30:01 pm »
When they vet you they come to your house and "interview" you ( well they did with me). They check your public/employers liability insurance etc. Then they contact some off your customers to check you out..
You can't polish a turd

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »
Is that it? Not too bad then i guess.. I might find out how much it is :-)

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »
From what i understand.6 other plumbers will get the same calls and you have to put your price to the customer.he then picks, so everyone of the plumbers knows they bidding against each other..........only the customer wins

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »
I thought it was only for trades.
I'm not using it anymore.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

sunshine windows

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:04 pm »
I was lucky to get in for free this year as they had a lack of tradesmen to fill Swindon, but next year will be £850 + vat.

Only 2 of each trade per area are submitted from what I was told, don't know how this varies with other locations though.

They send out 3 lots of literature in the first year of targeting an area, which drops to 2 lots every year after.

I've picked up a fair few total cleans on properties as big one offs, also quite a nice amount of regular work.

Would it be worth it next year? I believe so
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

marc

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 08:10:14 am »
Don't waste ya money (mr Suffolk window cleaners) just get ya hands free head set give me the £500 and i promise to call ya 3/4 times a day ;-) sorry i didn't get back to ya yesterday but i was working till 7pm as i was led to believe it was going to rain here today but looking out seams ok at moment , getting back to the £500 if it suits ya Dave ya can pay me £10 which i think is cheap to call ya 3/4 times a day lol I will call ya later Marc

DaveG

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »
Eh?
You can't polish a turd

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »
Haha Thanks marc.. always a pleasure to chat to you  :)