Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan (chem2clean)

Craftex Energybrite
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:51 pm »
My supplier did not have any oxibrite in stock,sent some energybrite instead.Is it any good?on water stains can i still mix it with prochems fibre buff or just use as is?thanks

stuart_clark

Re: Craftex Energybrite
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:00:39 pm »
Energy brite like all per carb has to be mixed with other chemicals, I use it all the time it works realy well

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »
Hey Stuart,have you tried it on coffee satins,if so what you mix it with?

stuart_clark

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:27:22 pm »
Hello

its only suposed to boost Alkaline cleaning solutions, most tea/ coffee removers are acidic as far as I am aware

Stuart

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »
but i am thinking its the same as oxibrite,so if i mix it fibrebuff,thats a acidic based addictive.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »
anyone

john martin

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 09:15:40 pm »
but i am thinking its the same as oxibrite,so if i mix it fibrebuff,thats a acidic based addictive.

Probably best to boost the fiberbuff with liquid peroxide  ...  or use the two products separate ? 

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:42 pm »
Thanks John,so energybrite is just a buster,brightner.where do you get the peroxide,and would you use that mixture on all fibres?Energybrite label says can assist in removal of coffee and tea stains,but not to use neat,so should i mix with a cleaning solution and spray and go?

john martin

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:54:07 pm »
Thanks John,so energybrite is just a buster,brightner.where do you get the peroxide,and would you use that mixture on all fibres?Energybrite label says can assist in removal of coffee and tea stains,but not to use neat,so should i mix with a cleaning solution and spray and go?

can say im an expert on these encap type products ... there are probably no rules as such but the fiberbuff is made acidic to prevent browning etc ?  so adding the higher PH product may compromise that .You can get peroxide online or from the chemist in various strengths , I think Mike Halliday here was going to experiment with using the liquid in particular here  a while back ?
If its just for  tea coffee spotting i only seem to have luck with the sod met based reducer products ,  rubbed in with a towel and blasted with a hot hairdryer , but everyone had their methods im sure ..

john martin

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »
Hmm .. i might have mixed up fiber buff with an encap product  ... so nevermind  ;D
anyway same applies , dont mix i say .

john martin

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:03 pm »
actually they seem to recommend mixing with sodium percarbonate ... think il give up on this one

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:06:00 am »
john,energybrite contains sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate,is that the same family aS
sodium percarbonate?Is this just craftexs oxibrite? ohhh my head hurts ::)roll

john martin

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:17 am »
john,energybrite contains sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate,is that the same family aS
sodium percarbonate?Is this just craftexs oxibrite? ohhh my head hurts ::)roll

same ...   i guess the fiberbuff is just to lower the ph of the products that usually contain it .

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:08 am »
Energybrite is an Oxidiser as is Oxybrite.
Oxidisers add Oxygen to a stain

Reducing agents Such as Spray and Go, most coffee stain removers etc, remove Oxygen from the stain.

Both these processes are designed to alter the Chromophore. The Chromophore is what gives the stain its colour.
The object is to alter this so that the stain becomes colourless. Even though you can no longer see it, it may still show up under Ultra Violet light.

You would mainly use reducing agents on any stain caused by something you eat or drink.
Oxidisers are good on other coloured stains such as water stains, browning etc.
Oxidisers are also very good when used as a booster to other cleaning products. The release of Oxygen helps release dirt from the fibres. It has the additional benefit of being naturally anti bacterial, virucidal and anti fungal.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »
Thank you both johns,i have a commercial tomorrow and i did not want to be just throwing this product down until i knew it was like oxibrite.