Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George Gardner

WCP ACTIVATION CODE LOCATION?!
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:21 am »
As above does anyone know where the window cleaner pro activation code is located.
I have to uninstall the software and re-install it, but first need to find the activation code??!! Ive had no customer details alllllllllll week, grrrrrr!! Thanks in advance if anyone knows what im on about  :)

Alex Gardiner

Re: WCP ACTIVATION CODE LOCATION?!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:12 am »
As above does anyone know where the window cleaner pro activation code is located.
I have to uninstall the software and re-install it, but first need to find the activation code??!! Ive had no customer details alllllllllll week, grrrrrr!! Thanks in advance if anyone knows what im on about  :)

You will have to email them for this code - support@windowcleanerpro.com

I have had to do the same when re-installing WCP on a machine that had been wiped.

George Gardner

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:01:05 pm »
Thanks Alex - it was actually them who emailed back saying I would need the activation code inferring that I had it!
Ive replied saying, if its on WCP then for obvious reasons I cant open it (that is the whole issue), and if i received it when I purchased WCP then I no longer have it, as it was years ago. Either way..........shizen! Christ is it 3oclock already ive spend nearly all day on this  :o :o

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 04:21:01 pm »
They will email you back I am sure, we had some issues in the past, but hang in there they will come back to you. If ever you think about changing programs (we did for this as well as many reasons) keep your eye on her for cleaner planner (if you search you will see thread about it and can email rob morgan directly - is almost due to go live, myself and a few others are using it  full time and its fantastic.

Mrs Smudger
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

George Gardner

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:01:00 pm »
I may do just that! Thankyou Mrs Smudger!

concept

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »
Been with WCP for several years now, and the support and development ceased some while ago.

I am trialling CleanerPlanner, and have to say, it looks superb. Been working closely with Rob on developing it to do many things that will benefit my business, and he's been so open to ideas, its great. Should be a real winner when launched.

BVC

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:55 pm »
Ok guys. Just got locked out of pro. Just updated to new version, all looked rosy till it told me license code is invalid! This is a joke. I always had in the back of my mind this could happen so I've always kept hard copy and back up to a stick.

What Im a bit surprised about though is you can't upload from stick onto the trial version on another laptop. I'd always assumed I would do that but that's my problem for assuming.

Emailed brad Ian and support early this morming and no response. So am I just wasting my time waiting? Should I be looking at another programme.

Not being able to access the rounds from the memory stick even in text form is not a nice realisation. If I didn't have hard copies I'd be in big trouble right now >:(

Bvc.

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 04:40:55 pm »
cant you just download a trial version and then upload your data ive done that a few times in the past ...ive also found brad responds pretty quickly normally. I use cleaner planner now though would recommend giving that a trial run then you wont have these issues anymore

BVC

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:39 pm »
So it's possible to upload to trial version? Would be handy but I can't see how its done.

Cheers

Brad.

BVC

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:22 pm »
Anyone know how to import to the trial version from a stick?  :-*

p1w1

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »
download a trial version of WCP you will then be given a trial activation code. Put your memory stick into your computer...then on wcp go to tools then back up utility then load previous back up you can then click the file on your memory stick and it will load your last saved data.#

paul

BVC

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
Many thanks for the advice. I clicked every tab except that one. Given me a bit of grace though.

For the record no one got back to me, emailed 3 different addresses not a word. So going to have to change as I can't operate like that.

I can understand people moving on, I.e wcp guys working on other stuff, but to continue so smoothly at the sales end whilst people are getting locked out of their own info at the other end is not nice. Ill bet I get a response if I want to buy another programme!

I purposely didn't load up online because I was wary of clitches, but this new upgrade that locks you out is insane.

Any window cleaner understands losing access to your info can be catastrophic. Why aren't they responding to emails if they are still selling the product?

Glad I made copies of my copies is all I can say.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 06:01:29 pm »
have a look at cleaner planner if you've been using wcp you should get on nicely with it and rob provides top notch support plus he can copy your customers from wcp to it.

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »
Cheers Paul :)

Hi Brad, imported your backup last night and looking forward to hearing how you get on. At least now you're now on a trial with WCP as well you'll be able to run both software side by side and see which is the best choice for your business moving forward!