Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jarvy

Commercial wheelie bins
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »
Hi, I have been asked to quote for jet washing 8 commercial wheelie bins once a week for a hotel I clean the windows on.
They are a bit manky at the mo, but once clean should be easy to keep on top of. (no food waste)
Bit unsure how to price it, thinking it has got to be a couple of hours work each week after the 1st clean. Does around £60pw seem not enough or too much?
Thanks, steven
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Don Kee

Re: Commercial wheelie bins
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:13:08 pm »
Pretty sure there is a bit of health and safety you need to comply with for this sort of stuff, due to what you're cleaning out...
Dont think you can just let the dirty water wash away down the drain like you would normal jetwashing...

Also bare in mind you've got to be there not long after the bins are emptied, as it'd be grim if they've put stuff in before you get there...

Not sure on prices though mate, only going on what i gather from a couple of lads i know of that do domestic bin cleaning...

jarvy

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:17:25 pm »
Not something I even considered. Good heads up.
Thanks
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:01:31 am »
A guy round here only charges £3 for a domestic bin and has a converted van so takes the dirty water with him.

Blast Away

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:53:11 am »
We do the inside of them and as pointed out above you need to be there after their emptied. Also not everything comes out of the bins when emptied, cardboard etc gets stuck to the bottoms so accommodate for your time bagging this up.  Turbo nozzle them and throw is some disinfected, soak the lids too after you've cleaned them. The grey lids come up great with a bit of hypo then turbo.

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »
I put the disinfectant in the tank when I clean bins and sewage