Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart howes

does your tanks leak?
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
hi i have just got a new 250ltr water tank for the back of the van ,all fits fine
but when it is full to the top it seems to leak a bit from the black screw lid  do any of yours do this and can you get a washer to fit in to the lid     thanks guys

Moderator David@stives

Re: does your tanks leak?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:18:59 pm »
It should not leak if it is new .

I would get on to whoever you bought it from for a washer of some sort.

Dave

H h20

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:37:35 pm »
Hi Stu,the piece that sticks up on top of the black screw lid has a slight turn on it ,it opens and closes for air,see if it makes any difference when you turn it,it is only a slight turn though don`t force it,Gaz  ;)

stuart howes

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:44:15 pm »
i have tried this and it still leaks when i break      does yours have this rubber washer in?

H h20

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 09:49:28 pm »
No Stu,no rubber washer at all,Gaz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:42 pm »
Mine has got a rubber seal ,quite similar to one on a washing machine.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 10:31:47 pm »
I had the same prob , i went to supplier and was told that as Dave said there should be a rubber band inside the lid , they dont supply them with the tank , you have to buy them seperately , i paid £3.50

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

billozz

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 12:54:41 am »
same problem here guys, we bought ours from gardiner and it leaks too from the lid, i assumed that the lid had a vent fitted to let air in as the water is pumped out, but didnt expect it to slosh water allo ver the place, i will have a word with alex
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

stains-away

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 01:04:33 am »
Dont know if it helps and i know you shouldnt have to do it to a new tank but i used to tank water about and had the same problem, simply unscrew the cap and cover the inlet with a piece of polythene (carrier bag), then replace the cap, it doesnt look pretty but its better than having water everywhere, Andy