Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny D

hose poping off
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:41:24 pm »
Can someone please help my hose has popped off my hose real at least 30 times today, 7 times on the one house. I have a spring digital controller and a shurflo pump. I re calibrated it today and it's still doing it. When I turn the water off at the pole the pump still continues to go until it pops off. Does anyone know how I can fix this coz it is driving my nuts.  Thanks.

Ian Lancaster

Re: hose poping off
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:49:58 pm »
What sort of connector do you use?

Jonny D

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »
It's the black one that comes with the hose reel from gardiners but I have tried other ones too

H20cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:18:35 pm »
The o ring might be worn.
To much pressure ?
Try leaving the tap on your microbore slightly open so the water can drizzle out so the pressure doesnt get to much?
But realistically the pump should be cutting out so that suggests to me a worn fitting on you reel

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »
I had a similar issue once.  Turned out there was a bit of grit in the female end.  Cleaned out and problem fixed.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Jonny D

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:25:49 pm »
I have replaced the o ring so do you think I will have to buy a new brass elbow fitting for the hose reel?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 03:39:43 pm »
It's the black one that comes with the hose reel from gardiners but I have tried other ones too

What female fitting are you connecting on to this male fitting?

Jonny D

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 04:57:24 pm »
I have the black ciaber connection on the hose connected to the brass swivel elbow on the hose reel. But when I was looking at it the now there when I turn the pump controller on the pump starts running and it comes out at the brush but when I turn the water off at the pole the pump just keeps pumping till it pops off the reel instead of stopping at the pump.

ben M

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »
I have the black ciaber connection on the hose connected to the brass swivel elbow on the hose reel. But when I was looking at it the now there when I turn the pump controller on the pump starts running and it comes out at the brush but when I turn the water off at the pole the pump just keeps pumping till it pops off the reel instead of stopping at the pump.
which hose have you got?

ben M

Jonny D

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:31 pm »
Sorry for the confusion I have that. It's the hose from the pump to the hose reel that keeps popping off.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:09 pm »

Generally we recommend using either of these female connectors:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/hozelock-type-plastic-endstop.html

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Shut-Off-Coupling-with-12-Hose-Barb-QRM_SO_COUPLING_12.html

Have you tried these?