Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

pumpbox with analogue dial controller?
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »
does any company sell these? as i want one for winter for my hot system.i already have a pumpbox with a digital controller but i want an analogue controller so i can adjust the dead end better when working with hot water.

thanks in advance guys

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: pumpbox with analogue dial controller?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »
Just change the controller  ???

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:44:35 am »
hi dave im after another pumpbox anyway mate.i currently only have a backpack as back up if my pump/controller breaks.

and please no posts about "get a split charge relay" etc.i dont want one.i prefer the "plug in and work" portable pumpboxes. ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:57 am »
Just couldn't see the point in spending on two pump boxes - what are they £200+? You could spend £80 change the controller and keep the spare.

Split charge relay? Don't know anything about them never used one.

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 07:38:33 am »
A split charger relay wont do bugger all if your pump box breaks mate so rest assured no one will post about them...

Im with dave, get a spare pump and controller if you want a spare pump box (thats all the pump boxes are, they just come fitted)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:42:23 am »
are these controllers easy to rig up to pump and battery?ive never tried to wire them up?ill need to get a spare in case i bugger up the wiring!! ::)roll

Don Kee

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:46:58 am »
Very easy mate
If you buy the same pump as a spare as the one in the box(i'm assuming shurflo) then before you take the old one off, take a note on how its wired and then wire the new one the same!
In a nut shell its positive wire  to positive wire, negative to negative but you'll get instructions with it. you'll just want connectors

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 07:50:17 am »
Very easy mate
If you buy the same pump as a spare as the one in the box(i'm assuming shurflo) then before you take the old one off, take a note on how its wired and then wire the new one the same!
In a nut shell its positive wire  to positive wire, negative to negative but you'll get instructions with it. you'll just want connectors

cheers mate.im on about wiring an analogue controller to pump and battery(replacing the digital one on pumpbox)

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 08:08:44 am »
4 wires, 2 to the pump, 2 to the battery. They controllers come with bullet connectors and the wire will be the same colour so it will just be a case of unplugging and plugging in the new wires.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:29 am »
, The distributors hold analogues in stock and can likely produce a pump box with an analogue as opposed to a digital. Alternatively as Don and Lee say It is straight forward to switch a controller on the pump box following the guides on connections
http://www.springltd.co/node/44

Scroll down to V11 analogue
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 06:32:01 pm »
thanks a lot guys! :)

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
analogue controller has 4 wires: black to battery negative, red to positive on battery, brown to pump (red wire and blue to Black wire on pump and leave the pump positive wire with the loop on to the pressure switch.