Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: Re Staff
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 10:46:03 pm »
youre paying them 7.30 till 3 pm.  thats final, id tell him clearly  just one more time then fire him immediately if he came back early.

What the hell is he meant to do if he finishes all his work by 1?? If i was him id find some work of my own to fill the day up so he wouldnt end up getting the sack for getting the work done to quick and not being out untill 3!.

he should take his time .  whatever way you look at it he is rushing and we all know what comes of that.   besides , you told him that its 7.30 till 3 pm    and hes defying you by not complying .       i know of a firm where the workers are done by 2 pm ish but paid until 4.     they sit in the van somewhere quiet   , can be called on by the boss if need be .      they sure as sh/t dare not finish erly .   this is the biggest firm in my area so not rubbish talk its fact
£150 in 5 hours is rushing?? LOL

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 02:56:46 am »
you dont get my point.   it would be the same as if i fancied a hot sausage  roll so i walk up to Greggs and the door is locked. somebody inside tells me thru the keyhole that they are now going home cos worked like dogs and had sold every cake and roll by 1 pm .  

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 05:50:37 am »
you dont get my point.   it would be the same as if i fancied a hot sausage  roll so i walk up to Greggs and the door is locked. somebody inside tells me thru the keyhole that they are now going home cos worked like dogs and had sold every cake and roll by 1 pm .  
So management should provide them with more raw ingredients to make pies. It's a management problem, not staff. You just prove my point.

Soupy

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 06:05:34 am »
youre paying them 7.30 till 3 pm.  thats final, id tell him clearly  just one more time then fire him immediately if he came back early.

What the hell is he meant to do if he finishes all his work by 1?? If i was him id find some work of my own to fill the day up so he wouldnt end up getting the sack for getting the work done to quick and not being out untill 3!.

he should take his time .  whatever way you look at it he is rushing and we all know what comes of that.   besides , you told him that its 7.30 till 3 pm    and hes defying you by not complying .       i know of a firm where the workers are done by 2 pm ish but paid until 4.     they sit in the van somewhere quiet   , can be called on by the boss if need be .      they sure as sh/t dare not finish erly .   this is the biggest firm in my area so not rubbish talk its fact

They sit in the van somewhere quiet? For 2 hours?

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 06:15:07 am »

Better than you going in and saying to the staff, who are having a wee sit doon, "i'll have a pie please" - "no can do pal, fresh out, were just sitting here getting paid to do nothing"

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 07:05:58 am »
youre paying them 7.30 till 3 pm.  thats final, id tell him clearly  just one more time then fire him immediately if he came back early.

he should take his time .  whatever way you look at it he is rushing and we all know what comes of that.   besides , you told him that its 7.30 till 3 pm    and hes defying you by not complying .       i know of a firm where the workers are done by 2 pm ish but paid until 4.     they sit in the van somewhere quiet   , can be called on by the boss if need be .      they sure as sh/t dare not finish erly .   this is the biggest firm in my area so not rubbish talk its fact

They sit in the van somewhere quiet? For 2 hours?
thats what the senior worker told me.  actually not a huge firm,but about 4 vans ,2 men in each van.  they are paid 9 a.m. till 4 pm ,   8-9 am is spent at the office loading up the ladders,polishing van etc  and working out who is doin what  that hour is unpaid , start cleaning 9 a,m and back at the office at 4 [paid time] then  unload and then go home.   organized   , i admire them and altho iv only 1 van with 4 workers total including yours truly iv learned something from how they operate  and everybody does what they are told or out the door

paul13

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »
Either give them a set time to work or a target to work too not both.
Imo 150 in 7.5 hours is pityfull ::)roll.

By the sounds of it this guy that's finishing early could be a good worker
Shows hes honest by coming back early and not hiding.
Think the other two could be as quick but are happy to hide.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 12:07:12 am »
Agree with all the others, he would be the golden employee, so long as their are no complaints from customers but even his productivity is way down to be called rushing.

You set the daily target, he beats it, he goes home simples

Our guys are on flexi hours, they get the days work sheet and value of the day, they know what hourly rate the work brings in so the total is divided by this, equals the hours working that day, some days it's as little as 4 hrs sometimes 8 or more, as long as they have done over 120 hrs every 4 weeks everyone is happy ( usually they clock in around 160 hrs each

Just a point with greggs. The other Saturday I was in McDonald's at around 10.10, they had run out of eggs and bacon. 
Customers had to wait until 10.30 before they would start serving burgers.
So in effect they were closed for 20 minutes.

Perhaps give your quicker guy more work per day and a pay rise

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk