Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

anders170

Yellow stain on cream wool carpet!!! Help!?
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »
A customer spilt Harpic on her cream wool carpet, we got to it immediately and got rid of the stain by rubbing a few drops of very diluted baking powder, but it has dried yellow. I have tried some diluted white vinegar on the stain and that made it fade, but it is still visible. Does anyone know anything which could could restore the carpet? Or get rid of the stain???

gwrightson

Re: Yellow stain on cream wool carpet!!! Help!?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:00:26 pm »
http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry/resources/chemistry-in-your-cupboard/harpic/5

I would suggest to customer , no chance of removing before even attempting, you could how ever try sod.met as last resort.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:06:22 pm »
it'll be knackard if its Harpic.

I did a job once where the customer had used several cleaning products ranging from drain cleaner, toilet cleaner, flash, cif and several other products. Large patches of green, blue and yellow stains. She had completely ruined three bedrooms, a large landing and stair case.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:30:15 am »
Once went to an insurance job, large coffee stain on a staircase. She had used Domestos to try and remove it. It was so white it hurt my eyes. Carpet was blue :)