Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

power brush
« on: March 28, 2006, 07:50:29 pm »
any one used or using a power brush ,if so would love your opinions,
faults and drawbacks , and advantages the model i am refering to is on this link
www.craftex.net/id25.html 
have just bought one, the first thing i did notice was a cheap plastic trigger valve, will have to change that
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

craigp

Re: power brush
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:59:13 pm »
is'nt the idea to ask people before you buy,?  ;D

you can find out yourself now you've bought it. ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:55 pm »
yes craig, i did seek some opinions and did like the concept,
i am merely looking for some feedback, as for finding out myself , you are perfectly correct, but better to have info from previous users, for any quirks or tips.
and surley the more opinions the better, or do you seek advise , read which magazine, surf the net,
ask you auntie mable and uncle tom cobbly and all before you buy any thing ;D
dont answer that craig, i would find you a real bore if the answer is yes ;) ;)
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:25:37 pm »

"13   UK Carpet Cleaning Forum / Carpet Cleaning Issues / Re: BT Directory  on: March 23, 2006, 03:19:35 PM 
tompson local rep had me beleive i was getting a colour ad then proof came black and white, i had already signed by this time, the rep knew what he was doing i gave him a colour proof!  i went to citizens advice but it was a no go.

crap response too about 3 jobs in a year, yes really 3 jobs!!

you got to laugh

oh hav you noticed there ads only on tele when its time to rebook, i fell for it when the rep said " oh its a great time to advertise with us, we just spent x million £ on advertising"
what a coincident. "

Craig you really should have asked first ;D

Geoff

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:40:35 pm »
Craig

I think he has a point:

Pot calling kettle Black

People living in glass houses etc. ??? :P ::)

Gwrightson (Sorry i don't know your name) i did the same when i started. Went on a course at Extracta and when i bought a new Excel, bought a scrubber deluxe because the instructor said they were good.I used it 3 times We've all done it. Sometimes it is better to learn by your own mistakes. You will remember it more, and i like to thnk a negative can be made into a positive.

As you have said, modify it and make it better. ;)

Dave

Jason Hedges

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:55:38 pm »
Hi Geoff,

Sorry haven't used a power brush but am thinking about getting one. Let us know how you get on with it, good / bad points etc.

Glad you posted that link to the craftex website, the items on there are really reasonably priced! First time I've seen their products.

Keep us informed.............

Kind regards,
Jason.

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 07:35:03 pm »
Jason, used it today first time, very pleased with results, and the effort you have to put into the task in hand is far less strenuos, ;D  ;D but is heavier when just carrying from a to b :'(
the one down side , not much god for small areas, and rooms were furniture is left a little akward to manuavere around and it to tight spaces, however,
I can see great advantages in larger area work, and commercial work
 Geoff

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:25:09 am »
is'nt the idea to ask people before you buy,?  ;D

you can find out yourself now you've bought it. ;D

I find it gets confusing. some say yes some say no.

I like the companies that offer you a 30 day money back guarantee

I wonder if I get a Rotavac for a year that way.

ie buy not good buy Extacta Scrubba not happy, Buy rotavac not quite happy buy extracta scrubbs 10inch still not happy.

Does anyone know of any other companies I could also Usein this system

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 10:56:18 am »
ok guys did carpet cleaning from 1985 to 1995 ten years ago came out of it and now looking to go back into it again

I used an extracta machine and powerbrush for years, I am surprised that machines ten years on come without them

they get great results we used traffic lane cleaner pre sprayed first adgitated the carpet then cleaned with the power brush good results.
downside  is if a lot of furniture in the room you had difficult moving the brush about. we did the main area of the room with the brush and the auckward areas with a wand. It was ok as the brush got the main traffic areas and the wand usually got areas that the traffic was not too bad, combining the 2 together.I am now looking at the prochem machine as the powerbrush is built in, this stops trailing hoses and creates a safer cleaning area

another way we cleaned was using the rotory brush with soft mat underneath this mat would lift a degree of the dirt then the powerbrush would tidy up

we would then go over quick with dry cloth and rotory brush  to help dry out the carpet but the vacumn motors are bigger now and you probably would not have to do this.

hope this helps guys

jinky

craigp

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 08:17:54 pm »
geoff,

no one to ask back in them days  :(

Steve Chapman

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 08:31:54 pm »
I just love my extracta scrubba power brush thingy :-*
steve