Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

job too big for me?
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
guys im a one man band so just looking for wee bit of guidance on whether im kidding myself

ive only been asked to price this and i will do is job too big for me to manage?!

35 number windows inside and out- dimensions of each panel 25ft x 6ft approx

outside no prob as ive 27ft slx but how would i manage insides?

ive a 2metre extension pole i can attach squeggee to but naut else?

opinions

cheers lads

and are this company likely to frown upon me as im a one man band and likely to be there most of day cleaning it?

CLEANCARE WC

Re: job too big for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:21:59 pm »
Of course not go for it! they wont care if your there all day as long as you do the job properly as for the insides use one of these below and a wagtail if you have one..jobs a good'un.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/QuicK-LoQ-Carbon-Gooseneck-Adapter-QUICK_LOQ_TAPER.html
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

deeege

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »
Trad pole the insides?

Why would they not want to deal with a one man band? Is it a car showroom?

Confidently give them your quote and get rid of any insecurities about being a sole trader.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »
yeah just do it
whats your average days takings ? ( don't tell me )
just put a day rate to the job you are happy with, I like these, means I drive to one location , park up and are there all day, more profitable than stop start and stuck in traffic  ;)

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »
thanks lads :)

nah its a staduim mate, im a bit cheeky i guess and ive emailed and facebook messaged every and any business i can find :)

thanks for the support lads top notch again

cleancare that tool is fantastic i can trad insides with my slx which i would never have thought of! i feel stupid now as it seems obvious now, cheers mate....... can you recommend a wagtail ive only got squeegee and normal applicator at the mo?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:47:44 pm »

nah its a staduim mate, im a bit cheeky i guess and ive emailed and facebook messaged every and any business i can find :)

cleancare that tool is fantastic i can trad insides with my slx which i would never have thought of! i feel stupid now as it seems obvious now, cheers mate....... can you recommend a wagtail ive only got squeegee and normal applicator at the mo?

Any of the wagtail squeegees will do i preferr the whirlwind but tbh the applicator pad is not up to much doesnt scrub well and holds very little water, but saying that on a regular (max 8 wkly clean i reckon) it would do the job. if the job is pretty dirty and on the first clean i would consider soaping up with a normal applicator then switching to the wagtail (without pad) to squeegee off.

Maybe practice on a shop front with trad pole and wagtail as it takes a little getting used to and you dont want to be learning on the job.

shop around for the wagtail they are exspensive... all the best.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:04:18 am »
+1

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:45 pm »
Hello Tom. Am just like yourself, one man band and have a part time lad. I do the window cleaning for my local football club (premiership team) and I do the stadium for them. If I can help you in any way send me an email and pics of any areas/access points u need help with and I will do my best to help.
Mattlogan@btinternet.com
Just coz your on your own doesn't mean anything other than you know the job is done properly.
I don't do domestic all work is commercial/ contract work.

1 man band with 10k a month turn over 👍

Best of luck mate

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:32:23 pm »

If there's one thing i've found out doing this job and trying to think ahead..........the obvious can often escape you.
   Regards using a wagtail, my guess is that at 27 foot you won't be fanning so ordinary squeegee should do you for straight down pulls. IF you want the mop on as well so you can just flip i'd just go with a visa versa.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

tom20001

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:51 pm »
Hello Tom. Am just like yourself, one man band and have a part time lad. I do the window cleaning for my local football club (premiership team) and I do the stadium for them. If I can help you in any way send me an email and pics of any areas/access points u need help with and I will do my best to help.
Mattlogan@btinternet.com
Just coz your on your own doesn't mean anything other than you know the job is done properly.
I don't do domestic all work is commercial/ contract work.

1 man band with 10k a month turn over 👍

Best of luck mate

fair play mate , ive bout 42 panels 20ft by bout  six  ft wide in and out to do ....

outsides are pretty bad from bird muck, destroyed in places to be honest

any idea of rough guide per panel mate?

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »
Tbh Tom I would price it by how long I think it's guna take, I know there will be bits that take longer and others that don't. Estimate how long an times it by ur hourly rate - should be bout £30 per hour. Send me your email and I will send you some pics of what am upto on this job.
Mattlogan@btinternet.com.

Window Lickers

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:27 pm »
Dont ask dont get.

Just crack on, stop flanneling around, be proud be confident. Good luck!
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 12:58:54 pm »

If there's one thing i've found out doing this job and trying to think ahead..........the obvious can often escape you.
   Regards using a wagtail, my guess is that at 27 foot you won't be fanning so ordinary squeegee should do you for straight down pulls. IF you want the mop on as well so you can just flip i'd just go with a visa versa.

At that height we have done ok with an Unger straight (rather than 30 degree one) swivel squeege just blading across the window after soaping up seperately with an Unger applicator. Done with Teleplus poles and adaptors as needed.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)