Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

Clx or slx
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:44:54 pm »
Looking for an additional pole

Currently have an slx 30 .. Old model ...needs upgrading replacing now tho ... Must say great pole btw

.. The new slx 27 has 4 ft less reach ( no great issue ) than the new slx 30'.. And weighs a mere 20g .. However is a canny chunk less £££ s ..

So views welcome .. I'm guessing there maybe more bend and whip in the clx ??

PoleKing

Re: Clx or slx
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:51:44 pm »

Currently have an slx 30 .. Old model ...needs upgrading replacing now tho ... Must say great pole btw

.. The new slx 27 has 4 ft less reach ( no great issue ) than the new slx 30'.. And weighs a mere 20g we wish .. However is a canny chunk less £££ s ..

www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Paul H

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:04 pm »

.. The new slx 27 has 4 ft less reach ( no great issue ) than the new slx 30'.. And weighs a mere 20g we wish .. However is a canny chunk less £££ s ...

Sorry ... Missed the LESS off ... Feel free to answer than pick

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:26 pm »

.. The new slx 27 has 4 ft less reach ( no great issue ) than the new slx 30'.. And weighs a mere 20g we wish .. However is a canny chunk less £££ s ...

Sorry ... Missed the LESS off ... Feel free to answer than pick

blimy-youre sensitive.
I got nothing.
I always had ionics then dumped the lot and got extreme and SLX.
The extreme is lovely but fragile.
SLX (18 and 30 I've got) re very very good.
I used to get about 6 months to an 18' but this one is a year old next month and still pretty much perfect!
I would venture that the SLX is worth the extra money though, like you say, it's only 20g less but (what?) twice the price?
If the quality was the same, Alex wouldn't sell any...
Just my 2 bobs worth
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:05:50 am »
Anything over 18ft I would go with the SLX as it has less whip.
Plus to downgrade after being used to a better pole would slow you down a little.
Look after it and you will get 5 years or more so not much more expensive if you think about it.

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:51 am »
SLX all the way mate , If you are using it everyday you are better paying the extra for an SLX otherwise you will only regret it and spend twice . Mike

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:56:10 am »
I've gone from SLX 25 (30 with the extra extension I bought) to CLX 27 myself.  I'm not doubting that the SLX is the better pole though.
I didn't really save money with the initial outlay because I bought a CLX 18 too as much of my work doesn't need the 27; but interchanging between two poles should prolong their lives.  I wasn't so keen on the CLX until the smart clamps were introduced.  I found previously that it didn't take long for me to be perpetually adjusting the old style clamps on the CLX and needed to be picky about where on the section I clamped.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:50 am »
SLX
It's a game of three halves!

Paul H

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 08:52:28 am »
Thanks chaps

Just confirming what I kind of guessed ..

Double the outlay it is then ..

Cheers
Paul