Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve123

How much do I charge for pressure washing?
« on: March 18, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »
Hey guys,

I have been asked by one of my window customers if I could clean her block drive and slabbed paths.
Nothing too difficult so I don't foresee any issues
Have got a price to hire a decent petrol pressure washer from a local company but have no idea what kind of price to charge her.
I don't want to rip her off but neither do I want to lose on the job. Do most people charge per sq meter?

Figured it would make a nice change from windows and If I like it I may look at doing a few more as I have lots of customers that would benefit from having it done.

Thanks

Kevin Miller

Re: How much do I charge for pressure washing?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »
Suppose it depends on area of the country but if you are re sanding for her I think £3 to £3.50 per square metre for the block paving and £2.50 per square metres for the flags. Don't know what others think.

Jettaway

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:36:02 pm »
Price depends on area of the country.

Unless its a big driveway I think you'll struggle to make it pay to be honest,.I know Speedy round here charge a fortune to hire a pressure washer, plus you have to make a profit.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »
Why not just buy a decent washer instead of renting one each time?

Regarding price you could also consider charging by the hour to start off with but be warned most jobs will take a lot longer than you think they would until you gain some experience.

steve123

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:59:21 pm »
Thanks guys,
Smurf, I agree about buying a machine and may just do that, but for now renting makes more sense till i see if i like it. If I do then the money i make from the first few jobs will go towards it.
Signed up my first job today at £700 so happy with that.  :) (as long as it goes ok lol)

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 07:12:15 pm »
No probs bud...Nice one ;)

May I ask what type & size job you quoted on and did that include any resanding (if appliacnle) and or sealer?

Thanks guys,
Smurf, I agree about buying a machine and may just do that, but for now renting makes more sense till i see if i like it. If I do then the money i make from the first few jobs will go towards it.
Signed up my first job today at £700 so happy with that.  :) (as long as it goes ok lol)

steve123

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:04:21 pm »

May I ask what type & size job you quoted on and did that include any resanding (if appliacnle) and or sealer?

Thanks guys,

The job is 98sqm of slab 110sqm of block (re sanded) + fascias, conservatory and windows.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:47 pm »
£657 for the patio and block paving with re-sand and do the windows ect for free. This is what I charge in essex and is going well

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 11:43:13 pm »
Nice one ;)

Thanks guys,

The job is 98sqm of slab 110sqm of block (re sanded) + fascias, conservatory and windows.