Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Second storey windows
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:50 pm »
I did a first clean on a block of 12 apartments today. I picked up payment from one of the top storey flats. On the whole the windows were good - very clear but on a couple of windows there were bits stuck on the glass which if on the ground floor I would have seen and removed with a hard scrub. Do you just shrug your shoulders at things like this at that height?

Clever Forum Name

Re: Second storey windows
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »
Anything like bird poo, spider poo, bee pollen/poo spider much is a shrug from me.

First cleans are always hit and miss lol

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:58 am »
You should probably consider a career change. I hear selling ice in the north pole is lucrative this time of year.

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:04:48 am »
You should probably consider a career change. I hear selling ice in the north pole is lucrative this time of year.

Are you still drinking?

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:07:15 am »
Anything like bird poo, spider poo, bee pollen/poo spider much is a shrug from me.

First cleans are always hit and miss lol
True, but this was the first time I have seen second storey windows after cleaning. They were very clear (well, one run) but there were a couple of marks left that I realised would be virtually impossible to remove.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:18:01 am »
Over the years I have given - what I believe to be - sound, solid advice to members on CIU.

Over the years this has got me: called a 'bell end' and worse, threatened with violence, patronised by muppets who think they are Richard Branson because they read his book, and worst of all; someone actually took an example of a flyer I gave them and used it to mock up a letter telling my customers that I was quitting and he was taking over my round.

I have decided on a new strategy. Advise all window cleaners to quit. This time next year Rodders.....

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:27 am »
Over the years I have given - what I believe to be - sound, solid advice to members on CIU.

Over the years this has got me: called a 'bell end' and worse, threatened with violence, patronised by muppets who think they are Richard Branson because they read his book, and worst of all; someone actually took an example of a flyer I gave them and used it to mock up a letter telling my customers that I was quitting and he was taking over my round.

I have decided on a new strategy. Advise all window cleaners to quit. This time next year Rodders.....
Actually Soupy, you are one of the posters on here that nearly always gives useful advice on running a window cleaning business. Not sure you know much about cleaning windows though.  ;)

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:27:21 am »
Well it has been 5 years...