Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

general public and wfp
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:52 pm »
having started wfp six years ago it was quite a difficult job having to explain to public what wfp was and how it works nowadays how do most of the general public react do most of you still have to explain it or would you say its common knowledge for most people these days
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

PoleKing

Re: general public and wfp
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:10:04 pm »
I still end up explaining probably a couple or 3 times a year...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:40 pm »
I don't think its common knowledge to be honest, but i dont explain it and i never have since i used it 8 years back i just quote the price to clean if they say yes i arrange to get them cleaned when ever and just do it ... if there in i just say at the end its pure water it dries clear. If there not in then they don't no.

No one has ever questioned it to be honest think there not really bothered as long as the windows are clean, obviously you get the odd couple choosing you because they don't want you walking on there roof tiles or they have hard to reach windows etc.
Dave.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:35 pm »
Any new jobs, I just crack on with WFP and don't even think about trying to explain what I'm doing. It's second nature now.
We look at them, they look through them.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 11:13:45 pm »
I find that once customers get used to it they then prefer it, mostly its because they are getting the frames cleaned
as well.
Would agree that's its also to do with not having to walk on their slates and the extra privacy in the upper
bedrooms.
Unfortunately there are a lot of bad wfp cleaners on the go and this doesn't help to promote the method.
Most of my explaining goes on customers who have had a wfp cleaner before and didn't like the results.

lal

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:08:20 am »
I find that once customers get used to it they then prefer it, mostly its because they are getting the frames cleaned
as well.
Would agree that's its also to do with not having to walk on their slates and the extra privacy in the upper
bedrooms.
Unfortunately there are a lot of bad wfp cleaners on the go and this doesn't help to promote the method.
Most of my explaining goes on customers who have had a wfp cleaner before and didn't like the results.

+1

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 08:39:26 am »
i have some customers who ive been cleaning wfp for over 4 years still say "if you need any water just use the outside tap" or "you ve not finished!the windows are still wet!" ::)roll ;D

i explain at least once a week to either a customer or a neighbour/passer by who comments.
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 12:26:23 am »
Just cleaned my sister in laws today as she sacked the trad guys for missing windows.
She comes out and asks do you need any water! I honestly think she mint a bucket.
I'm thinking I can't be arsed with explaining pure versus tap so I've started to say I'm very busy and need to get the kids.. must dash.

Keith Elmer

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 10:18:07 am »
I only have to explain about the pure water system to about 50% of my new customers. If they they still question it I just say "I have 400 customers and not many complains". I do get some texts from new customers saying how good the windows look.

J.D

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 10:47:01 am »
I hand every new customer an explanation letter after I've first cleaned their windows. It answers all their questions and makes life easy for us both.

H20cleaning

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »
I just say... Basically we clean all the dirt from your frames and windows and rinse it down the glass so all that is left is our purified water that drys spotless.

Elfyn

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »
"This is how they clean the glass when the factory makes up the double glazed unit" is always a good line to throw in a conversation. Never a word after that.  ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »
I think the General public usually react really negatively to wfp...in fact if i were all of you i'd sack in windows and get a proper job...
It doesn't work, and for some reason most people are using gardener tools...i mean who needs a strimmer to clean windows?!?!

C o z y

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »
We've just had this subject battered to death a week ago.  ::)roll

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=188073.0
No still don't understand, I must be thick