Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Mess

Opinions please!
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:43:26 pm »
Had a phone call from a customer this morning, after my informing her a couple of days ago (via a note in with the envelope), of my intention to put her price up from £12-£14. I have been doing her windows for more than 3 years, and this would be the 1st increase.

She says she is "not very happy" about my putting the price up, and wanted to know if i would keep the price the same in exchange for cleaning less windows, specifically the large one on the end of the garage, and the garage door itself. At the time i was a bit taken aback, and as i am not particularly assertive when speaking to people, i just agreed to it.

Afterwards though, i started to get really angry about her attitude, that she was not happy about it, especially given how much my costs, and the cost of living in general has gone up since i started cleaning her windows. So i am actually thinking of getting back in touch via a letter, telling her i wont be doing her windows any more, and explaining why.

Would this be 'biting off my nose to spite my face'?,

what would you guys do?

Thanks!

elite mike

Re: Opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »
carry on and do them , but bump a few more  ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:50:03 pm »
You still have your increase tho?

Bit less time on the house and you get £12

Only you know the house bud.

Is it a £12 10 min house, or a £12 text the night before, not this time, dog poo filled garden house :D

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »
At least she did not dump you ,  sounds a fair compromise to me . Mike

ben M

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:55 pm »
At least she did not dump you ,  sounds a fair compromise to me . Mike
+1

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »
i would just carry on cleaning.less work,same money.its good to be a bit flexible. ;)
price higher/work harder!

gary999

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »
Seems fair...dont let pride get in the way :)

Simon Mess

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 08:08:51 pm »
Yeah, i think i will probably just carry on cleaning them, and it is an easy clean!.

Just winds me up sometimes, peoples attitude, i feel like asking her if she is still paying the same for fuel, shopping, utilities, etc, as she was 3 years ago. No?, me neither tightwad!.

Grrr >:( ;)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback everybody! :)

capn sparkle

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »
If this carries on (keeping the same price but dropping w's) in 10yrs time you'll be charging £12 and only wiping the front door

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »
dont be such a push over, you should have said no thats the price take it or leave it

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »
Just say to her I've given in some thought ,as I value your business I'm happy to reduce my increase from £2 to £1 she will be happy and think she's had a result and you keep a customer. That's what I would do if she still says no,I would bin her,ang go ang get another one.
That's what I would do but maybe I'm wrong

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
Had a phone call from a customer this morning, after my informing her a couple of days ago (via a note in with the envelope), of my intention to put her price up from £12-£14. I have been doing her windows for more than 3 years, and this would be the 1st increase.

She says she is "not very happy" about my putting the price up, and wanted to know if i would keep the price the same in exchange for cleaning less windows, specifically the large one on the end of the garage, and the garage door itself. At the time i was a bit taken aback, and as i am not particularly assertive when speaking to people, i just agreed to it.

Afterwards though, i started to get really angry about her attitude, that she was not happy about it, especially given how much my costs, and the cost of living in general has gone up since i started cleaning her windows. So i am actually thinking of getting back in touch via a letter, telling her i wont be doing her windows any more, and explaining why.

Would this be 'biting off my nose to spite my face'?,

what would you guys do?

Thanks!

she wants to pay £12......give her a £10.00 clean

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 09:23:06 pm »
Some window cleaners take things too personally and some customers also take things too personally.

The cost of living is effecting us all but sometime customers may not understand that, especially if they are on their own financial limit. It could be that you caught her at a difficult time, who knows. The credit card bills are starting to be felt from Christmas spending.

If would carry on and clean less windows and wait for the situation to resolve itself, which may or maynot be in your favour. She may relent in time or sack you when another cleaner comes along who will do it cheaper.

Either way, you have the choice to continue cleaning as she has the choice for your not to.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Simon Mess

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 10:01:18 pm »
Capn sparkle, yes i did think that, but the main reason i am going along with this is because the stuff i will be missing out is not on the house itself, just the garage!

Scrimble, yes i know, but as i said, i am not very good at stuff like that if face to face or speaking on the phone. If she had texted or emailed me, i probably would have been more assertive on the matter!. But it is an easy house to do, and the stuff i am missing out will make up the difference