Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: Working with doors open...
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:27 pm »
I leave one back door open, for the reel etc. then shut one over, and lock. I've got a bulkhead, so it Means that if anyone wanted steal anything, poles etc, it would be hard to manouver the poles out there rack.

What van have you got for one door to lock?
I do the same on a Trafic.
I've set the pole rack (guttering ;D) so that 2 of the 3 poles I carry are hidden behind the closed door, along with the gas bottle & L5.
From a casual glance all a passerby would see is the tank and reel.
But if a scumbag opened the door he'd see what was in there...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

kempy

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »
Yep that's what I have pure freedom ports

When gas on have a door open

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 01:15:41 am »
I leave one back door open, for the reel etc. then shut one over, and lock. I've got a bulkhead, so it Means that if anyone wanted steal anything, poles etc, it would be hard to manouver the poles out there rack.

What van have you got for one door to lock?
I do the same on a Trafic.
I've set the pole rack (guttering ;D) so that 2 of the 3 poles I carry are hidden behind the closed door, along with the gas bottle & L5.
From a casual glance all a passerby would see is the tank and reel.
But if a scumbag opened the door he'd see what was in there...

Vw caddy mate.

When I lock the doors the left hand door stays locked hiding poles etc, then right door open just for reel.

Works pretty well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

DaveG

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 04:21:04 am »
You guys that work with outside ports, do you lose a load of water every time you disconnect the reel?
You can't polish a turd

windowswashed

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:35 am »
If I'm out of sight of van then it is always locked (no exceptions). I have had two attempts at someone trying to break into my van during mid day whilst working out of sight of my van in affluent areas so doors always shut and locked and alarmed, no brainer really !!!!

Carl2009

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 07:34:59 am »
You guys that work with outside ports, do you lose a load of water every time you disconnect the reel?

No. Pure Freedom ones are Hozelock type, so same as you lose when you disconnect your garden hose from the tap.

Dave Turley

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 10:39:11 am »
I built a vertical partition in my van just in front of my hosereel so there was nothing that anyone could get at when I'm working away from the van while the tailgate is open, except my ladders which are easy to replace.

You can see this on my website front page.

www.daveswindowcleaning.co.uk

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 06:02:38 am »
a bulk head is probably the easiest way as dave said I used to work at a place in bilston who did them called  barton handling check them out

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 11:31:09 am »
I built a vertical partition in my van just in front of my hosereel so there was nothing that anyone could get at when I'm working away from the van while the tailgate is open, except my ladders which are easy to replace.

You can see this on my website front page.

www.daveswindowcleaning.co.uk

Yeah funny you should mention this, i decided on this over the xmas break. :) Thanks for the pics (via www) top man :)

tom20001

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 09:28:31 am »
Im currently building my first system and im just going to drill a hole in the floor and fit roller guiide externally to help feed the pole to me, so no van ports the reel just flys out floor of van soo van locked at all times   ;)   tho im a rookie so  we will see how it works

Mike #1

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 11:07:26 am »
Why be cutting holes in the side and bottom of your vans when all you need is some pole hose and microbore/minbore female end stop fittings .

One end connected to pump outlet or DI outlet (depending on set up ) then other end connected to hose reel outside Van or Truck doors shut locked and secure .

Done it this way with my truck for over 2 yrs now its  simple straight forward and cheap . Mike

tom20001

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 09:03:20 pm »
Putting small hole in the van easiest way for me as I dont want to be taking hose reel out of van at every job

Each to their  own I might think differently in few months but for now its the best option

Happy new years to all

Bout to crack open the vino here  ;)

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »
Recently I had the ropes on my roof bars nicked! Fortunately, I knew who the culprit was (a young lad of around 12 years of age), and when I told his dad he retrieved them for me. He also pumped my tyres up that the lad had let down too. I wince at the thought of the discipline that was administered (Irish traveller style)!

I was in the same area today. The young lad was as good as gold and we even had a bit of a chat! I still locked up the van though!

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

PoleKing

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »
Recently I had the ropes on my roof bars nicked! Fortunately, I knew who the culprit was (a young lad of around 12 years of age), and when I told his dad he retrieved them for me. He also pumped my tyres up that the lad had let down too. I wince at the thought of the discipline that was administered (Irish traveller style)!

I was in the same area today. The young lad was as good as gold and we even had a bit of a chat! I still locked up the van though!

John 

Ropes? Left the ladders?

I got some if those spinney hook things.
£20-well happy.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »
10 years of working with van doors wide open never a problem at all

Johnny B

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

John 

Ropes? Left the ladders?

I got some if those spinney hook things.
£20-well happy.

No, I had the ladders with me. I only noticed the ropes were gone when I tried to tie the ladders back on! I had to laugh, but as said, the boy's dad got them back and probably gave his son 'what for' later!

If I get some ladder clamps I reckon on getting some good padlocks to go with them!

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:06 pm »
I've just bought rhino van clamps. There awesome.

Have a look on YouTube if your not sure how they work.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Johnny B

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:07 am »
I've just bought rhino van clamps. There awesome.

Have a look on YouTube if your not sure how they work.

Thanks Jonny.

John

Klean07

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
I work with reel inside van but close van doors either resting on hose or just pinching hose. Works for me.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk