Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Home or away?
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:51 pm »
Do you prefer working at home or away?

I had a round a few years ago where I was travelling for an hour every morning to get to my work, and an hour back again. It wasnt ideal when you got there and it started lashing it down with rain but I needed the money... I done this for 4 years.

The advantage being once you are there you are there and just crack on...

Now all my work is slap bang on my door step but I find we call back to base about 3 times a day for food  ;D

Much prefer buying some steak from the butchers and cooking it than taking boring sandwiches to work  ;)

What do you prefer for what reasons?

chez

Re: Home or away?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:38:58 pm »
Hey.I. Made a switch recently cos I was travelling 55 miles round journey 3 to 4 times a week and got sick of it - did it for 12 years. Moved back to where my work was so as I only did the 52 mile journey  once a week. Sooooo much better. Collecting easier less wear and tear on the van, tyres etc.
By the way I have pasta for lunch with chicken thrown in lush! Great energy provider.
Cheers

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 07:26:54 pm »
I work between 30-50 miles from home most days.
I like it.
Like the drive down.
Like the round.
Like the area (would probably live there if I could afford to)

Lunch-whatever the 'special' is at one of the many eateries.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:38:07 pm »
My round ranges from the town I live in, to about an hours drive away. I know from a profit point of view, I should try to replace my further away stuff with work closer, but I like the variety, and I get on well with most of my customers, well the ones that I see anyway.

As for eating, very rarely would I buy food while I am working. I don't stop for more than half an hour for dinner, often just 20 minutes, and, too expensive!.

I generally have a sandwich (boring sandwiches are created by boring people Mr Milton, try and be a bit more imaginative with the fillings, and even bread type!), sometimes a wrap.

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:46:02 pm »
I travel as far as 6 miles away sometimes.i hate it I prefer being only upto 1 mile of my house.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »
I travel as far as 6 miles away sometimes.i hate it I prefer being only upto 1 mile of my house.

Lol you lucky sod.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 07:53:25 pm »

Lol you lucky sod.

I could do my work on foot, dont even need a van except for 5 days worth, might be a mission carrying the water system mind  ;D

steven ainger

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »
15 min drive is as far away from home i go

trippyboy

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »
6 miles from home is like the end of the earth to me

windiewasher

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:56:35 pm »

Lol you lucky sod.
my units about 3 miles away,in town though.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

bravo20

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »
Good thread this, I do both oven and window cleaning. Don't go much further than than 5 - 10 miles for both, occasionally a bit further, most of the distant windows are also oven clean customers. Must be one of the least compact rounds around. It's nice to have a change of scenery, keeps the week interesting.

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »
All my best work is miles away, don't mind the drive to Dartmouth and Brixham area. Nice people, all good reliable customers that are loyal :) Also have work once I turn the corner of my street where I park up before everyone parks there to drop off the kids for school, so best of both worlds :)

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »
All my best work is miles away, don't mind the drive to Dartmouth and Brixham area. Nice people, all good reliable customers that are loyal :) Also have work once I turn the corner of my street where I park up before everyone parks there to drop off the kids for school, so best of both worlds :)

I work mainly about 30 miles away.
I do one house from my own drive though.
He is the worst payer I've got!
If it wasn't for the fact I do mine when I do his he'd've been dumped.
Nice guy though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

wfp master

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »
12 miles ish is as far as I go.
I dont have a unit :'(

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:16 pm »
For domestic Brits, I have no choice as they are all soldiers houses. Closest are 7 miles away, the rest is between 15 and 40 miles away. All very compact when I get there, but easy work and well priced really. I enjoy the work most of the time. Prefer carpet and upholstery more though. Will travel 50 miles for some of those jobs. That's where the better money is.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

wfp master

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »
For domestic Brits, I have no choice as they are all soldiers houses. Closest are 7 miles away, the rest is between 15 and 40 miles away. All very compact when I get there, but easy work and well priced really. I enjoy the work most of the time. Prefer carpet and upholstery more though. Will travel 50 miles for some of those jobs. That's where the better money is.
do you have a unit.? :)

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »
lol, no mate. Don't need one. ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

wfp master

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 09:00:34 pm »
lol, no mate. Don't need one. ;)
bummer that. ive got an ikea unit in the shed if you want it.