Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Warren Aldridge

Adwords Invalid Clicks
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:19:11 pm »
I'm sitting here with live tracking software on my website watching some muppet click on my adwords ads

So far 45 times today and 68 times yesterday

Let me tell you something in case you decide you want to try this. It doesn't work. I am not being charged. It has no affect whatsoever other than wasting a load of your time.

wynne jones

Re: Adwords Invalid Clicks
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »
You should have said you are losing money and sleep over it and he would carry on wasting his time. LOL
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:42:54 pm »
Is he clicking from the same IP address?

How is google declaring it an invalid click, is it just multiple clicks from the same IP address?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Scott Taylor

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:21:51 pm »
Hi Warren, What software have you got to check this? How does google know not to charge you? Its always a worry fraudulant clicks. What can we do to stop this? My ads show on a rotation basis through the day. Cheers.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »
I installed Clicky which after a while stopped logging them
Then reinstalled an old chat facility I once tried out on my site and that tracks visitors.

Also good because I could pop out and tell them to STFO!

They came via 3 IP addresses but it still seems to tag them as the same person somehow

Each time I add their IP to "IP Exclusions" in the Adwords Settings so they dont see my ads again.

Google wont tell you how they detect it but they just do and seem to be quite effective at it because they have not charged me for 100% of these particular clicks I've been monitoring