Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Price and advice
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »
Been asked to quote to clean this glass both sides twice a year. I was thinking I could do it all with a pole and squeegee but the dirt will run down the walls so it looks like it will have to be a ladder job unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

What price would you say for this. They want the rest of the windows to be cleaned outside every other month, and the insides along with these twice a year.

So what would you say just for this bit?

HCS

Re: Price and advice
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:14:04 pm »
Hello Lee,

I have a similar job and use the dragonfly system. No mess.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »
I would probably charge £35-40 as you say have to be careful about paint on walls i might even mask the sill off with some paper folded up on itself to create a drip tray if you catch my drift?

I would just do these off a ladder...
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Lee GLS

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:27:33 pm »
I did think about a dragonfly, but its not worth spending that sort of money for one job to be done 2 times a year.

Might have to do something like that dan. They haven't been cleaned for over 3 years, once they have been cleaned once properly, do you think that a spray bottle and microfibre cloth would surface in future?

windymiller

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »
i clean offices every 2 months, both sides of glass with a spray bottle and vikan indoor kit, they come up clean   ;)  i have to be careful as there is a lot computer equipment around them and the vikan is up to the job.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:37:16 pm »
I did think about a dragonfly, but its not worth spending that sort of money for one job to be done 2 times a year.

Might have to do something like that dan. They haven't been cleaned for over 3 years, once they have been cleaned once properly, do you think that a spray bottle and microfibre cloth would surface in future?

Not at 6 monthly i dont reckon mate, especially if the other side of that window is head height. you would probably get away with that if the windows were at height, but not eye level imo. I guess you will find out in 6 months mate  ;)
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »
I'd agree with the £35 - £40 price
I'd just do them ordinary trad-  it should be possible to catch the dirty water with a cloth if you do a slow horizontal move of the squeegee at the bottom of the window, and move the cloth along below the squeegee