Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Jones

Karndean
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »
Back on karndean again. This time I have a textured one to do, I was just wondering whether people think the red pads will work on a textured floor or will I need to use a brush. I don't really want to use the brush as I find it way to much on vinyl.

Graeme Smith

Re: Karndean
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »
Neil I did a textured one today - I used a 17'' black pad on the Rocky (never found a black pad to be a problem although in theory red is supposed to be preferable). Once I'd gone over it with that I used the small rectangular black pad that fits on a doddle bug but I just used it by hand to go round the edges of the room then rinsed off. Having said all that a red pad might be all it takes but I had a textured floor in an office and even the black pad was not that effective and the brush was no better - but that was in an office where the floor had not been cleaned properly for years.

Neil Jones

Re: Karndean
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:27:42 am »
This is a fairly well maintained floor it's just started to get a build up of dirt in the textured parts so she wants it cleaning and sealing.
I have to order some black pads anyway for a limestone job so I'll give it a whirl.
Going to try the Dr Schutz Secura Matt Hard Sealer on this floor, not used it before.