Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

resi neck or goose neck (SLX)
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:33 pm »
Im taking on an employee next week so gonna need another pole, so buying myself an SLX 22 with a couple of extentions sections. The pole i use at the min is just the standard fiberglass pole with resi neck which comes in handy for windows above conservatoies and ground floor windows where i can twist it what ever way i want. Alot of people on here use goose necks so would like to know pros and cons of using one. Would it be alright to use on on windows mentioned above?? Thanks Wayne

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: resi neck or goose neck (SLX)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »
Stick with the resi-neck mate, much. much more efficient for everyday residential work. I only use my carbon goosnecks above 35ft.

The resineck swivels are even better, it's what I use 99.9% of the time, couldn't work without one now!! ;)

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:04 pm »
i have a goose neck and for love of god i dont really see what it does...but i wont take it off :-\
its good for velux windows, it gives a few extra inches on to the pole and i suppose when it comes to connys it saves having to dip the brush/pole down wards to the bottom section of window/sill area because of its length

i think i know why i keep it on :D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:10:44 pm »
I love my gooseneck I'd never go back to a resi neck.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »
Goosneck= one angle, that's it.

Resi-neck= various vertical angles with quick, easy adjustment.

Resi-neck swivel= any combination of both vertical & horizontal angles on the fly, many without manual adjustment. Any angle, any situation, no problem. ;)

I have three carbon goosnecks sat doing nothing!

ben M

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

Resi-neck swivel= any combination of both vertical & horizontal angles on the fly, many without manual adjustment. Any angle, any situation, no problem. ;)

send them to me then if you don't use your carbon goosenecks  ;)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 04:05:59 am »
I've never used the swivel so I can't comment.
However I only use a resi neck for gutter cleans because its handy to change the angle.
When I did use a resi neck I never changed the angle on domestic cleans, ever.
So having a fixed angle isn't a problem I find even at full stretch over a conny it still cleans fine.
On patio doors etc the gooseneck slides right behind the types of handle where the resi didn't.
Also I find I don't need to take ornaments I sometimes find on stone window sills off I just clean behind with a gooseneck.
Little things I know but they do speed me up.

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 08:14:13 am »
Resi Neck quickly adjustable in seconds for tight spaces down the side of connys a Gooseneck does not work well in tight spaces you need to stand back a bit more from glass .

Personally i found that i had to tighten clamp No1 more often and it caused section 1 to rotate due to the extra weight . Mike

Positivity

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 11:46:22 am »

He's right you know - try it !!!!