Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

How Long?
« on: October 14, 2013, 04:23:05 pm »
Been to quote for some office carpets today.Unusually they are the cheap light grey PP berber style that always cleans well.(not low profile as usually seen in offices)

A few spots and stains but due to the nature of the carpets I expect these to come out with the rinse.

There are approx. 250 sq mts of carpets.Any ideas of a time scale for this with one man doing HWE?

Thanks

Wayne

gwrightson

Re: How Long?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:30:16 pm »

i would suggest encap as opposed to h/w/e,  no wick back probs , escpecialy  as they sound as if they are l/profile .   

2 hrs max , with cimex.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »
No not low profile its the crap berber style PP.

Only LM I have is a Floormac so its not really an option.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 06:03:54 pm »
Can be done in a day if you go for it. Probably best to allocate a day and 2\3 hrs the next day or even a day and a half on the safe side.

I would charge about £400/£450. Maybe down to £350 if it's not too bad and i could do it in a day or less.

Dave.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

davep

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:29:36 pm »
A day and 2/3rds if your blindfolded and have one leg. I'm with Geoff on 2 - 3 hrs lm.  If you've not got the kit then borrow if and then by some with the proceeds of the job.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »
i'm an hour away from you wayne i can help with my DF machine £250 all in  :) we'll bosh it off between us  :)
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Neil Jones

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 08:02:59 pm »
Got a rotary if you need to borrow Wayne.

wayne zabel

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
Thanks for that Niel,problem is Ive never used one to do a proper job apart from using the Floormac to bonnet the odd domestic.

I know its not rocket science and had a demo at my NCCA course,but I wouldn't want to attempt a job without having a bit of extra training.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »
Wayne a couple of thoughts from me

1, if you get Extreme Multi-Clean in to give you a hand you will get on the job training a share of the ticket price win win in my eyes.

2, if they get another quote to lm the job chances are they will come in a lot cheaper than you on HWE.

just my thoughts mate ;)
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
Good ideas worth thinking about.

If they get Chem Dry to quote which I think they have Im pretty sure my HWE will be more competitive.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »
Wayne,
Hwe it and then try and sell them a maintenance clean every few months. That way you don't have the pressure of encapping it and hoping you get it right with no experience and confidence.

We just picked up a very nice job in a prestige location that we got purely because the previous guy lm'd it even though it was extremely dirty. LM has its place, no argument there, but even if I was minded to LM certain jobs, I wouldn't do it with a new client where you don't know the history of the carpet. Alway best to get it clean first and then maintain it with LM until it needs another deep clean.

Simon

Russ Chadd

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »
In my experience only use HWE in extreme cases and even then you will need to run an encap product of the top to stop the wicking back.
I only use HWE when the soil level under and arround desks is very high... compacted soils need to be flushed out of the carpet... Run a rotary over the top with an encap product will even out the appearance and blend the surrounding area.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »
Wick back ??
I've only ever seen it once in my career and that was on someone else's job.
It's another of these rare things that can go wrong being blown out of proportion.

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 05:35:24 am »
Wick back ??
I've only ever seen it once in my career and that was on someone else's job.
It's another of these rare things that can go wrong being blown out of proportion.

Simon

Your a lucky man Simon ;)  either I am very unlucky or i am doing some thing wrong :)  I have had wick back in the past ,usualy large spills on l/p even when encapping , I have found the solution to the problem in most cases after picking a tip up from some where,

The tip is to not release solution on to the area but simply go around said area as normal then work the solution onto the stain , therfore keeping the stain to a minimum of wetting. It is   tempting to add more solution when an area is bad when infact it is quite the opposite.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
I cut my teeth cleaning carpets for a large ladies wear chain. Ladies wear shops are second only to shoe shops for foot traffic (no pun intended) so wick back was a constant problem in the traffic lanes. The way to deal with it is the anticipation of it rather than dealing with it after the fact. Fibre shampoo with an acid rinse in it or encap product should deal with it but only if done at the time, which is where the anticipation of it comes in.

Simon

*Hector*

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 02:13:28 pm »
I cut my teeth cleaning carpets for a large ladies wear chain.
Wearing ladies clothes
Ladies wear shops are second only to shoe shops for foot traffic (no pun intended) so wick back was a constant problem in the traffic lanes. The way to deal with it is the anticipation of it rather than dealing with it after the fact. Fibre shampoo with an acid rinse in it or encap product should deal with it but only if done at the time, which is where the anticipation of it comes in.

Simon

Fixed that for you Simon....
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Darran Pryce

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:19:50 pm »
We did 12,000 sqft at the weekend. We just bonnet the office carpets... took three of us just over 5 hrs to clean the carpets. Two bonnet, and one pre-spraying.  Your best bonnet office carpets, and use Dynamall.  Great stuff.