Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmckellar

canvassing new build areas
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:00 pm »
Hi guys,

ive had an idea -  my company runs a new build cleaning company for some big companies, prestige and normal.

My new idea is - we clean the windows as part of our interior cleans prior to client handover, how many people would actually want a window cleaner after such a large purchase?

Ive picked up a 180 house site, 7 of which are now occupied and i think 4 now have a window cleaner, my thoughts are to try and convince them to use us for the cleaning after theyve moved in - im at the advantage of i will know exactly when they move in to their new house.

is it just a case of "hello, im Dmckellar, we do the cleaning for (housebuilder) but we also are looking to increase the window cleaning side of our business, would you be interested in having your windows cleaned by us, we are on site daily and can suit your needs"

hoping to get around 20% of the market, is that unrealistic? bare in mind these windows are getting manky due to the weather turning & the dust from HGV/forklifts/building site

cheers

Don Kee

Re: canvassing new build areas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:39:09 pm »
Ive found most dont want one until the building work is away from there house, i say most as you'll pick up a few but sometimes its pointless as if your wfp  and leaving the windows wet the dust just stucjs to the window while drying.
Once the building work is away from the properties though you'll pick up a fair few.