Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

fly poster removal???
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:43 pm »
hi guys have you ever removed fly posters? how do you do it? with a pressure washer or steam?  will cold water do it?  or chemicals used for graffiti etc   ???

drive surgeon

Re: fly poster removal???
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:14:20 pm »
  ??? :o

Alan McTernan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:57:13 pm »
Hi

I have never done this but i would think steam or chemicals as you need to break down the glue on the back!!!

Cheers Alan

drive surgeon

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:00 pm »
thanks alan  ;)

Phild

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »
Yes you would need a proper steam cleaner if there was a large area. If your only talking a small amount you could use one of the small low pressure steam generators but it would probaly take ages and of course they are usually 240v. I wouldn't care I have been carrying one of those rollers with spikes on for removing wallpaper in the back of my car for two years now, it would have been useful to you!!

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 10:06:15 am »
Wouldn't a cold water washer remove it? Or a hot turbo (old bricks)

G O Cleaning

Re: fly poster removal??? New
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
Wouldn't a cold water washer remove it? Or a hot turbo (old bricks)
You may struggle with just cold water, turbo's are usually temp rated so cant run them hot hot ?

We used to remove posters on a regular basis for a local bank, method we used was hot box at full temp std nozzle ...same setup for gum removal. Try and remove as much of the 'face' of the poster before washing as it goes everywhere  ;)

If I was quoting now I think it would be easier to use 8" mozzy at full temp with recovery to save the mess, that way the mess is contained in the vac.

Just noticed how old original post was !  Thats a hell of a wait for a PO  ;D