Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Best hose for external ports (hot water)
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »
Hi guys,

I keep having nightmares with connections popping off and hose splitting when using the hot system.

I have 2 external outlet portholes under the rear bumper of the van and connect the hose reel externally so I can lock the van while working.

I've only really used the orange connectors that Gardiners and Purefreedom supply (not the hose lock ones). I did have a brass connector at one point but it fell apart after a while.

I've tried the clear braided hose which seems to split too easily and also car radiator hose. The radiator hose doesnt split, but the connectors don't seem to fit this properly causing leeks.

So, what's the best combination of approx 2 metres of hose and connectors for hot water usage?

Kind regards,
Lance

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Re: Best hose for external ports (hot water)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »
Gareners hot pu hose id the best. Had the same and changed and never had a problem since. You will need to give yourself a few days to adapt as its has a memory and does not like to be coiled up in different ways bit you soon get used to it. It will be good to also still good to use John Guest hose ends as the P U hose does come loose from John Guest fittings.

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:43:55 pm »
Smithie it's just a connection hose from van port to external hose reel that I'm after. The PU hose on the website says it's 8mm and I'm currently using 1/2 inch. I'm assuming this is more for actual hose reel usage.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:15:12 pm »
The stainless steel hoselock type connectors from gardiners are very good , you have to pull the collar back to push them on so they lock in better than normal hoselock type.

As for hose not sure but I imagine tricoflex would be fine .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

S.A.J

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »
Thanks fellas.

S.A.J do you use these for the port itself as well as on the connecting hosepipe. If so, what male connector do you use.

Thanks,
Lance
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

S.A.J

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
Couple of pictures for you
 You can see the ports we connect to bottom left of the van

S.A.J

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:38:02 pm »
Thanks fellas.

S.A.J do you use these for the port itself as well as on the connecting hosepipe. If so, what male connector do you use.

Thanks,
Lance

This is the male connectors on the ports http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Metal-Hose-Plug-with----Hose-Barb-QRM_PLUG_12_BARB.html perfect fit every time

sunshine windows

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »
Nice one!

What made you go for male ends on the port. Do you have to shut the pump off when disconnected or is there a positive stop in the male end?

One more thing. Did you have the metal plate with holes in it specially made or do these connectors fit the same holes as the orange connectors?

Thanks for your help.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »
I use the same connectors but have female ports and male on the hose .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

S.A.J

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »
Nice one!

What made you go for male ends on the port. Do you have to shut the pump off when disconnected or is there a positive stop in the male end?

One more thing. Did you have the metal plate with holes in it specially made or do these connectors fit the same holes as the orange connectors?

Thanks for your help.

That's how our setups come from Varitech all supplied and fitted by them.

No we don't have to shut the pumps off as just inside the doors we have 2 taps to stop the flow to the ports

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »
I use 2 x washing machine hose with a steel net covers They are joined together with a double  male threaded connector  to the hot I have a brass garden hose fitting with a hose clip instead of the ring they supply.