Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Diamond standard ltd

How far would you travel
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:34 pm »
Hi to all, how far would you travel for a job worth £200 every month? Many thanks

steve rix

Re: How far would you travel
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:37 pm »
How long to do the job?

Diamond standard ltd

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »
Prob be looking around 2hours to do the job.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:10:26 pm »
40-50 miles as that'd be a 4 hour turn around then with a tenners fuel or thereabouts.

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:12:52 pm »
an hour to get there. 2 hours for the job. 1 hour to get  back 4 hours £200. 8) 8)

roundbuilder

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 07:30:19 pm »
Upto 50 miles.

Ste b

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
Hi to all, how far would you travel for a job worth £200 every month? Many thanks

How far is the job ?
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 07:45:37 pm »
More importantly, how long does it take to get there and back?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »
I would travel upto 90 minutes each way.
Miles not really important for me-its the time.
2 hours on the glass 3 hours driving. £40p/h minus diesel.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »
depends on the job if you can get there and start early 8am you could do the job and still get back to do a few of you local work making a good £££ day

as the travel there could be done on own time not work time if you get what I mean

deeege

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »
depends on the job if you can get there and start early 8am you could do the job and still get back to do a few of you local work making a good £££ day

as the travel there could be done on own time not work time if you get what I mean

What's the difference between your 'own time' and 'work time' when you work for yourself?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 11:24:19 pm »
I agree with Susan tbh dg.
Jobs I can do before 8 in my head count as extra.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

JamesAJF

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 12:37:30 am »

What's the difference between your 'own time' and 'work time' when you work for yourself?
lol i don't get that  :-\
bish bash bosh

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 12:57:03 am »

lol i don't get that  :-\

well if its a 2 hours drive and you can get in and start at 8am you set off at 6am (own time) get there for 8am do job , then back to your work say 11am using own time (sleep time)

or if you use work time at set off at 9am start at 11am back to round work at 3pm days over why bother doing anything else 

it all depends on what your works like and how busy you are , how much you have in the bank , if your over worked then most wont travel , if they do for big jobs they want a heap load of ,money to upset there rounds why travel if there earning good money on the door step ???

how ever if you want to build , make more money , or not upset your round to much buy using own time (sleep time) it doesn't up set your nomal work to much , allowing you to travel and maybe quote alittle cheaper as your not dropping 4 weekers to do say a 12weeker

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »
Its still all work time though! When im out the door in morn till im back in eve is work time.

Diamond standard ltd

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:24 pm »
Thank you guys bin a big help