Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jettaway

oil removal on tarmac?
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:21 am »
Are there any good products for oil removal on tarmac.
I've got a long single drive with lots of heavy oil on.

Was the thinking of using SmartSeals on l remover and then their Tarmaseal.  But I know they rebrand other products. I have used their citrus oil remover on block paving and found it sub par so would like some stronger stuff

Matt Gibson

Re: oil removal on tarmac?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:54:11 am »
http://www.oiltechnics.co.uk/Oil_Stains/BlockDrives/Bio_TA.html

Ive used their normal oil remover with success.. never used the tarmac one though. Not overly expensive and worth a try i guess..

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:38:44 pm »
depending on the quality of the tarmac you may find that the oil has broke the surface down and when you attempt to clean the tarmac will just break up.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

G O Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:11 am »
As long as you remove the bulk of the stain, we would use high alkaline shouldn't have a problem if you are coating it numerous products on the market, -if the Tarmac has broken down local repair prior to coating

Griffus

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:00:37 pm »
Used Bio TA a good few times and never had 100% success.

OT8 on block is great and works pretty much all of the time but Tarmac is like an oil sponge, it just keeps coming. Got to the point where I'm sure all the oil that is going to go has gone but always a level of shading, especially to the core of the spill.

Best to be realistic when talking to client.

Re-colouring is an option but not actually gone down that route as yet.