Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Canvassing new build estates
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:21 pm »
So ive decided to give up canvassing new build estates due to my own experience and from what i think he's called "mick kent" ? on here said...

Basically everyone and there bloody grandmar canvasses new build estates. The last time i did is i literally was canvassing around another windy! Lol  ;D

Plus the custards found it hard to answer the door to me cos they couldn't open there bloody doors due to the mountain of winow cleaning flyers piled up blocking the entrance!!!

So anyway now iv'e got that off me chest i feel a bit better  :P So who else shares my opinion? Plus even the work you do get is no good half the time, cos you'll get undercut by some eager newbe or the people (kids) that own these houses/flats havnt got a clue how to run a house and never pay you on time and cancel after 2 or 3 clean anyway!

Infact i might make a new company policy to only take on custards over 40 years old that live in property 50 years old or older!!!  ;D

George

wpclean

Re: Canvassing new build estates
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »
Were you thinking of moving area recently, or was it someone else ?

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »
Were you thinking of moving area recently, or was it someone else ?

Yeah that was me

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:19:44 pm »
Ive been thinking actually (yeah, that where the smoke is coming from :)) I could sell my business here and instead off start froom scratch somewhere else as i originally thought. I could buy a franchise and be in business from day one without even knocking on one bloody door!?

Who else sells window cleaning franchises apart from ian lancaster? and what do people on here think to my idea? i feel its not a bad idea for me to make a new fresh start in a new location?!

Thanks for reading everyone!

George

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:00 pm »
Ive been thinking actually (yeah, that where the smoke is coming from :)) I could sell my business here and instead off start froom scratch somewhere else as i originally thought. I could buy a franchise and be in business from day one without even knocking on one bloody door!?

Who else sells window cleaning franchises apart from ian lancaster? and what do people on here think to my idea? i feel its not a bad idea for me to make a new fresh start in a new location?!

Thanks for reading everyone!

George
I don't think you'd make a good franchisee, you can do it yourself and would eventually resent handing over a fee.

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »
Everybody hits new build estates, I leave them for about 5 years when they have got used to the massive mortgage and paid off the loans they needed for the furniture and fittings.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:13 pm »
Everybody hits new build estates, I leave them for about 5 years when they have got used to the massive mortgage and paid off the loans they needed for the furniture and fittings.

Good idea about leaving them for about five years mate! cheers

davids3511

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »

Good idea about leaving them for about five years mate! cheers
Personal experience of the mortgage and loans mate.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »
I steer well clear of new build estates - In my experience no one on them has any "actual" money to pay for a window cleaner!

Andy

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
I steer well clear of new build estates - In my experience no one on them has any "actual" money to pay for a window cleaner!

Andy

Thats sound advice andy. And i will from now on follow suit! I first of all said to myself i'll no longer prioritise new estates and since then my atitude as quickly degraded to avoiding them all together!  ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 09:58:36 pm »
I live on a new estate.
Get canvassed about every quarter.
I always tell people starting up to go for council houses.
They always have cash as their benefits get paid weekly.
And never worry about spending money as they haven't really earned it.
Agree with everything said so far about new builds though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »
I live on a new estate.
Get canvassed about every quarter.
I always tell people starting up to go for council houses.
They always have cash as their benefits get paid weekly.
And never worry about spending money as they haven't really earned it.
Agree with everything said so far about new builds though.

Cheers for that mate  ;)

windiewasher

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 09:34:02 am »

Andy
+1
There all maced upto the eyeballs
One settee and a big tv.
Its very easy work on new estates but terrible payers and hard to catch in as they are doing overtime to pay the mortgages on there overpriced shoe boxes.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.