Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

MEWP Insurance
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:42:09 pm »
Been hiring MEWP's for many years now, and nobody has ever asked us to ensure we are covered, until now.

Went for a quote with a company local to the job this time, as been let down by our usual suppliers in a big way, so thought I'd try elsewhere, and they asked if we are insured.

Our Public Liability provider wanted £1000 extra for it, but wanted to check and see what others do.

Do you cover the machine through PL provider?

Or do you have seperate cover?

If seperate cover, from who and rough costs?

Cheers

Matt Gibson

Re: MEWP Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:48:25 pm »
The company we use provide you with insurance. Its called hired in plant insurance. It insures the machine from damage etc.. Its usually 10% of the hire cost.

If your talking about PL insurance that covers you for using mewps, then your PL insurance company should provide it but £1000 is a bit steep. We are covered by Gleaming insurance, and they include this i believe. Never had problems.

EDIT: Just re read your OP, if its the hire company asking for insurance, then it will be "hired in plant cover" that they want, and they should be able to provide you with this at a % of the hire cost. 

G O Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:27 pm »
The company we use provide you with insurance. Its called hired in plant insurance. It insures the machine from damage etc.. Its usually 10% of the hire cost.

If your talking about PL insurance that covers you for using mewps, then your PL insurance company should provide it but £1000 is a bit steep. We are covered by Gleaming insurance, and they include this i believe. Never had problems.

EDIT: Just re read your OP, if its the hire company asking for insurance, then it will be "hired in plant cover" that they want, and they should be able to provide you with this at a % of the hire cost. 

As above  ;)

Concept as your local. ... who do you usually use  ???

concept

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »
Cheers.

We usually use elevation.net and probably will in the future, just wanted to check my options, as recently lost 4 days due to an incorrect machine being supplied. To be fair, the job was like no other, and if we do it again, the price will be doubled, it really was THAT difficult and time consuming in terms of accesability.

Used them for years and never let us down until that point, so have no issues recommending them.

concept

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »

We use Gleaming also...got it to £80 per short term hire or £800 per annum  :o

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 05:18:21 pm »
Mate, the hire company should provide it. We use AFI and they charge 10% of the hire cost. Gleaming worked out around the same for single hire, but its easier to just get the hire company to add it onto the final bill. saves the messing around. Ask the hire company.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:00:37 pm »
Cheers.

We usually use elevation.net and probably will in the future, just wanted to check my options, as recently lost 4 days due to an incorrect machine being supplied. To be fair, the job was like no other, and if we do it again, the price will be doubled, it really was THAT difficult and time consuming in terms of accesability.

Used them for years and never let us down until that point, so have no issues recommending them.
As your based in Mk have you tried Platform Rentals good guys used them for yrs, they will include a % fee for insurance if required. They will also negotiate on the delivery price if the jobs local  ;) If you want any contact details let me know
Mike

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 06:12:59 pm »
Are you sure they want to see your PL or are they asking if you have theft cover for the machine ? A plant want you to have theft and damage cover before the machine leaves their yard. They also wanted to see my books before I could set up an account

concept

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »
Are you sure they want to see your PL or are they asking if you have theft cover for the machine ? A plant want you to have theft and damage cover before the machine leaves their yard. They also wanted to see my books before I could set up an account

ts theft and damage to machine they want covered, they suggested it could be added on to my PL.

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
Save your own money. Include suppliers own insurance cost in your quote on the job you're using a mewp for.