Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyM

Potential Weirdo Customers
« on: May 22, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »
Had a txt earlier asking if I cleaned windows in a particular area.
This area is close to where I live and work but is a large council estate and I've never had any "keepers" from there, so tend to not bother looking for work there.

Anyway I replied to the txt asking for the address and I could give a quote.
Half an hour later I get a reply: "It's my hairdresser. She worries about rouge window cleaners. I can see what she means. So I said I would ask you as you are a proper person if ya know what I mean. Her name is Nikkie at 13 ****** *****. If ya don't know i'll tell ya tomorrow. Thank you."

Potential nutter?
Alarm bells are ringing loud and clear..................... ;D

One of the Plebs

robertphil

Re: Potential Weirdo Customers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »
 council estates are the very best IMO

g.brookes

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:16:31 pm »
if shes worried about rouge cleaners id say shes deffo a nutter, haha

andyM

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19:25 pm »
I've never had any consistent, good and reliable customers from council estates.
I appreciate other people will not agree, but that is my experience.
Besides it's not just the fact that this enquiry is from a property on a council estate.
It seems bizarre to me that someone would get a friend to txt an enquiry to a window cleaner and then make a comment about "rouge" window cleaners etc.
I've been around long enough to smell potential messers and will be steering well clear of this one.
I have even considered txting back that I wouldn't be any good to her because I've got form for nicking womens underwear off of their washing line.  ;D

One of the Plebs

robertphil

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:46 pm »
block the number from your phone if you sense trouble

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »
Rouge or Rogue?  ;D

I would check it out. It could be a hardworking girl who takes pride in her home and wants her windows cleaned. But is nervous of those rosy-cheeked window cleaners!
It's a game of three halves!

andyM

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 07:02:23 pm »
Rouge or Rogue?  ;D

I would check it out. It could be a hardworking girl who takes pride in her home and wants her windows cleaned. But is nervous of those rosy-cheeked window cleaners!

Maybe im the only window cleaner in my area that doesn't wear make-up!............. ;D
One of the Plebs

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 07:09:53 pm »
I've never had any consistent, good and reliable customers from council estates.
Besides it's not just the fact that this enquiry is from a property on a council estate.
It seems bizarre to me that someone would get a friend to txt an enquiry to a window cleaner and then make a comment about "rouge" window cleaners etc.
I've been around long enough to smell potential messers and will be steering well clear of this one.
I have even considered txting back that I wouldn't be any good to her because I've got form for nicking womens underwear off of their washing line.  ;D

my experience as well,i never take any on

elite mike

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »
i would pass her on to another wc  ;) like rz or tosh  ;D

SPE

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:36 pm »
I did about 8 flats on a run down council block just yesterday, they are all regulars.
One guy I had not seen before came up and asked me how much I was charging,
told him and he was happy paid me there and then, said he had been away for some time (I'd been cleaning there about 5 years) but he was happy to go regular and said he's good for the money everyone knows him there ! (I'm not jumping to any conclusions ha  :D)
Any way they were minging, frames were black
He came out 10 mins later, offered me a cup of tea and another tenner, saying sorry mate I did'nt realise how filthy they were !

Andy M, any chance you've read this wrong.?
Am presuming you have a sign written van and regard yourself as professional, maybe she has seen your van (is close to where you live) has looked you up and doing her friend a favour, by proper person she means a professional legit business.
...........Just a thought

Simon

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 09:55:05 pm »
i would pass her on to another wc  ;) like rz or tosh  ;D

;D... The strange people keep this job interesting though dont they!  :P

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 08:42:56 am »
block the number from your phone if you sense trouble

Has it reached that stage just yet?

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »

My sexy 18 year old neighbour accused me of pinching hers.... I almost sh@t her pants!
You can't polish a turd

David Salkeld

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 07:42:46 pm »

My sexy 18 year old neighbour accused me of pinching hers.... I almost sh@t her pants!

Call yerselves Professional Window Cleaners  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good Honest Service

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

;D

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 01:27:50 am »
The only problem I have about working on council estates is the difficulty with parking.  As the homes tend to be compact, it can be tricky parking up.  I've had good customers and bad customers on estates.  However no-one on a council estate has ever ripped me off for £70 and £200 respectively like a couple of rich  ex customers who had unmarried parents.

I'd go along with that 100%.

Small time maybe but I get more cups of tea and genuine appreciation and plain down to earth chats on council estates than anywhere else.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.