Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Retail park quote
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:44:35 am »
I was contacted by a company on Friday to give a quote on a. Local retail park.

I measured it up at 1100square metres of block sets to be cleaned which is'nt a problem, what concerned me is the amount of chewing gum to be removed. I took 5 test samples areas of 1m/2 and on average their there was 30 pieces of chewing gum per square metre.

For those who handle these size jobs how would you price this? And how would you remove such an amount of chewing gum?

To be honest this job is a little out of my league but unless i attempt it then i will never move forward into commercial  work which is something i want to do.

Although at the moment  (and more thn likely until Xmas) I am stacked out with profitable domestic work so don't really want he hassle of this job, would it be unprofessional to just say I've inspected the job and I'm not interested

Any advice would be  apprecaited 
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Matt Gibson

Re: Retail park quote
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:56:30 am »
Sub it out Mike, Dont turn it down. Sub it out and maybe spend a few days on site helping, get a feel for it. obviously you know how to do the work, but if you dont want the hassle, atleast try and get it done with someone else, then if anymore work comes from it they will come back to you, not go elsewhere.

As for the chewing gum, not much help pricing that sorry. I would probably price it in on time spent. How quickly could you get all the other work done?

Neil Jones

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:04:58 am »
I think Rob or Lee will have the answer to your questions.

Neil Jones

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:05:55 am »
Nice job though, i'd definitely take it on, you know then in the future whether its something you would do again.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:03:50 pm »
Mike

Work with me on it!! You get the experience, we all get paid ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:16:00 pm »
Mike

Work with me on it!! You get the experience, we all get paid ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

Do i get paid?  ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:48 pm »
Mike

Work with me & Lee on it!! You get the experience, we all get paid ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:32:37 pm »
I read that and couldn't work it out, had to come back to it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There you go Mike - how about that then?

Rob ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »
It's a bit of a tricky one, to be honest I would love to just pass it on its in hull, East Yorkshire would you be interested in it? I'm speaking to him tomorrow  he also mentioned another one in Lincoln.

From the initial call I had on Friday they have the contract to maintain the sites but are too busy to do this work. He's expecting me to call him tomorrow with some sort of price. But I've decided I don't have the time to commit to this job so I will just tell him I can't help him out with ths job.

2 options, I could pass on your details as an expert in 'retail park cleaning'  or I could give you his details and you could call him direct, although how he would feel about me just passing on his details I don't know.

If you are interested it might be  worth giving me a call in the morning for a quick chat about it

01482 805118

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 08:39:35 pm »
Mike

I would take his number down and ring him tomorrow. If you want to pass it on great but as you say you don't gain from that.

Work with me on it and let's look at both jobs

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 08:40:21 pm »
Sorry

I thought you had put his number up. I will ring in the morning

Cheers

Rob ;D

Neil Jones

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 08:53:32 pm »
Imagine if he had put it up, the guy would be bombarded with calls  ;D ;D

B Bailey

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 05:55:36 am »
Mike, you have got the perfect opportunity to step up to next level, I would take Robs offer like a shot.
Not only would you learn a great deal, you will get tons of work out of it.
Opportunities like this don't land on your lap very often.

Darranvps

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 06:18:38 am »
I'm on holiday - nearly 4 weeks now  ;D

And I am still quoting lots of works all over the country, never pass up a GOOD opportunity to make money - if you are too busy - simply sub it out.

Lee or Rob know their stuff as well as many others like us - although we are fairly stacked out at the moment.

There are plenty of companies on here who you could sub out to, and many of them would bear in mind your good name and you could create an ideal partnership.

You would be better off discussing this with a potential sub contractor - get their price and add on your desired %

It is common practice and your client won't really care if you do sub it out - that's business!

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 02:46:22 pm »
If your on holiday why are you up at 6.18 - I struggle to get up at 8am work days  ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »
Mike

Tried to email you, from profile email but it is bouncing back to me???

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »
Emailed through website.

Cheers

Rob ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »
Just replied, glad I could help.

I'm gong to have to change my profile email address its been wrong for 8 yrs ::)roll