Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Van insurance companys?
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
Been on the phone to my insurance company, and explained how in my new van I shall be fixing a water tank to the chassis. They replyied with they WOULDNT cover me. Bit hacked off as im happy on the whole with them.

So, who do you use and do they cover for the tank?

Cant really be bothered to phone around for quotes so will take a reccomendation from one of you lot  ;)

Paul Coleman

Re: Van insurance companys?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:11:26 am »
Been on the phone to my insurance company, and explained how in my new van I shall be fixing a water tank to the chassis. They replyied with they WOULDNT cover me. Bit hacked off as im happy on the whole with them.

So, who do you use and do they cover for the tank?

Cant really be bothered to phone around for quotes so will take a reccomendation from one of you lot  ;)

I go to Alexander Swan for this.  They are a broker but are familiar with vehicles modified to take a water tank.  I think the market for this type of modification is relatively small so not so competitive on price as more standardised insurances.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:29 am »
Aviva for me cheapest by far and that's with both vans the vivaio as a 650ltr tank in

rah

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:31:23 am »
A plan 2 vans, very helpful, been insured with them for years
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:13 am »
APlan the only broker who could get me insured with a diy fitted system and for an extra payment you get a van with a fully fitted wfp system when yours is of the road . Mike

Klean07

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:43 am »
APlan the only broker who could get me insured with a diy fitted system and for an extra payment you get a van with a fully fitted wfp system when yours is of the road . Mike
Plus 1. I paid £340 this year a reduction of £70 on last year!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:07:33 pm »
Adrian flux were cheapest for me, cheaper than a plan and Alexander swan

andyM

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »
A-Plan were cheaper this year for me than Adrian Flux.
With a lower excess and great level of cover.
I paid a bit extra to ensure I have a fitted out wfp courtesy van if my van is off the road due to an accident.   
One of the Plebs

wpclean

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »
I noticed a lot companies were ok if the tank was 500 lts, but for a 650 tank most didn't want to know !

If you go on the van comparison sites, once you get the best quote just ring them up,and ask them about
the tank.

jarvy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »
Aviva for me cheapest by far and that's with both vans the vivaio as a 650ltr tank in
+1
Just done my renewal,was £860 with budget.  Aviva is £330 and that covers the water tank and alloys as modifcations.   :o
Had to get the bloke on the phone to read it all back to make sure there was no mistake!
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

dave0123

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 02:49:29 pm »
Aviva wanted a £750 excess from me?
Dave.

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »
Adrian flux were cheapest for me, cheaper than a plan and Alexander swan

They were cheaper for me this year but could not provide me with fully fitted wfp vehicle so stuck with A Plan , Np point losing money if  vehicle happens to be off the road . Mike

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:26:51 pm »
Gonna get on to Aplan in the morning then... they sound quite good.

jarvy

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »
Aviva wanted a £750 excess from me?
When I spoke with a broker he told me that Aviva do a protected excess policy, the excess was 650 but should you make a claim you get it back, so the excess is in effect nil. Never come across that before. However I think it made the policy more expensive so I haven't got it on mine.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Stephen.C

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 07:43:16 pm »
I always have used Alexander swan.
Just changed from a Transit T300 on a 2004 Plate to a Transit T280 on a 2011, and to change it mid term cost £104.
When my renewal is due will be shopping around.
If I can save a few quid I will pay the extra to leave them and pay separately for the replacement reach & wash van.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com