Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Problems With Water Production
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »
Hi fellas

Recently bought a 450gpd RO and DI filter from Pure Freedom. Have followed all setup instructions and watched there online video all has been setup correctly.

However the waste being produced is far higher than the amount of useable water. My tds reading is quiet high before production so I can understand a higher rate of waste than the 60:40 ratio quoted but the level does seem strange to me. My TDS before production is around 300. After going through the RO the flow of water from the red waste tube is a consistent strong current. However the pure water produced after the DI literally drips out of the white tube. The usual occurance is for a few drips, then a slight trickle, then no pure water at all for around 30 seconds then a few drips again and this cycle repeats so that I end up on average producing 20 litres in around 12 hours, sometimes longer. I have been told that my water mains pressure is good and I don't doubt this due to the amount of water flowing through the red waste tube but it seems as though my ratio would be much closer to 99:1 without even exaggerating. Also the tds reading after is usually 001 or 002. This is completely brand new and having read many posts I would assume there must be something wrong.

Has anyone had a similar problem and have any ideas what it may be?

Thanks
Tom

Scrimble

Re: Problems With Water Production
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:25:13 pm »
have you closed the valve on the waste pipe? sounds like its set to flush

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »
I've got a 450 and I thought my water pressure was really good just by judging what was coming out the tap and waste. Turns out it wasn't (brought a pressure gauge) so now have a booster and no problems.
My advice would be to first buy a pressure gauge, there quite cheap, and actually see what your water pressure is...

TomSE

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »
Thank you both for such quick replies! Ive obviously been a numpty and left the valve flush! Thanks for that Scrimble its already producing 000 water at a good consistent rate. Also Prideclean thanks for that I've obviously been a bit naive and assumed from sight that my water pressure is good so I'll be purchasing a pressure gauge soon.

Thank you both again, saved me a big headache for some new work tomorrow!

Cheers
Tom

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 pm »
Thank you both for such quick replies! Ive obviously been a numpty and left the valve flush! Thanks for that Scrimble its already producing 000 water at a good consistent rate. Also Prideclean thanks for that I've obviously been a bit naive and assumed from sight that my water pressure is good so I'll be purchasing a pressure gauge soon.

Thank you both again, saved me a big headache for some new work tomorrow!

Cheers
Tom

Glad you sorted it I made the same mistake a long time ago too, the booster pump is a must it will double your production rate and lower the Tds coming out of the ro reducing the cost of resin, my ro from pure freedom is 5ppm before resin with a booster pump I don't actually need to even use resin

Hamster

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 01:36:30 am »
What is a good booster pump?  Where in my system should I fit it; tap or filter end?
Please?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:41:50 am »

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »
Try this  for a good cheap booster pump at 49 quid at the bottom of the page.
http://www.johnhewitt.com/pumps.htm :D :D