Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

ChHAS
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:44:10 pm »
Do any of you have, or are required to have CHAS Accreditation for certain types of jobs?

And while we are at it, have you ever been asked when tendering for a job, 'do you have a community investment strategy?'
Obviously we do 8)

Simon

Jamie Pearson

Re: ChHAS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »
SAFEContractor for me. Usually anyone that requires H&S accreditation will accept it. However some larger organisations or educational institutions will request specifically CHAS, Constructionline, SAFEContractor or whoever next.

Paul Heath

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »
Completly fasical....we needed to register for CHAS by the company we do a lot of work for asked us to. So paid me money to somewhere in London, sent off all me forms etc of to someone in Wales.
After 4 weeks not heard anything so called the London number only to be told that it is out of there hands as its with an advisor.....not happy as i explained they had taken my money and that makes them responsible to locate my paperwork and to find out what has happened to it.
After a couple more weeks they contacted me to say the paperwork never arrived could i fill out all the forms and send them all of again, by this time i had enough and got a refund. It takes a couple of hours to fill all the forms out and collate all our own HS stuff, in order to send of in the post.
We never got asked for it, and still work for the same firm that originally asked for it.
I have done risk assesments when required and give new firms a copy of our own HS statement and this seems to satisfy them.
So whats the point of all these so called reconized body's coming up with all these ideas, i see it as just another way of extracting money out you

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »
They are all designed to cover someones arse.

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »
And by the way non of them are that hard to comply with. Most other trades have to have these accreditations.

Blacky

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:12:29 am »
Do any of you have, or are required to have CHAS Accreditation for certain types of jobs?

And while we are at it, have you ever been asked when tendering for a job, 'do you have a community investment strategy?'
Obviously we do 8)

Simon

Oh yes, we have had that too. You have to employ a local tramp or something, either that or you are to leave a lasting gesture for the community. Build the
Locals a soup kitchen.