Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Beachy

Oven cleaning
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:40:24 pm »
Excuse the pun but I am after hot tips for oven cleaning ?  ???

bulldug

Re: Oven cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
Don't do it!!! ;)
Tom
Oven Valeting Services..Forget nicotine patches, give us a call and we'll stop your oven smoking!!

clifford123

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »
explain yourself tom ???

bulldug

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:01:25 pm »
What I mean Clifford is that unless you know what you are doing with the strong chemicals used in the oven cleaning process, then leave well alone.....pay a pro to do it for you.....(but then again I'm biased that way!).
I certainly would not advise anyone to purchase any of the decarbonising gels and sprays without that individual having undergone at least some sort of Health and Safety training in their use....some of that stuff can blind you in minutes...too big a risk, I would find it hard to deal with if, through my "advice" someone was seriously hurt.
There are some so called "safe" products on the market but not having seen the COSHH sheets for them I couldn't  guess how "safe" they would be (Mr Muscle/Cilit Bang etc etc)
Hope this clears things up a bit. (This is only my opinion..if someone else wants to advise someone differently..feel free).
Tom
Oven Valeting Services..Forget nicotine patches, give us a call and we'll stop your oven smoking!!

geefree

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 02:10:39 pm »
but you have oven valeting on your post,advertising your business.
gazza.

bulldug

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 08:50:13 pm »
Yes thats correct Gazza, thats because I clean ovens for a living, having been trained to do so.
 If Beachy wants some hot tips for oven cleaning the biggest tip I could give would be to pay the going rate in that area and get a pro to do it the correct way......OR....
If it is going to be either an add on to a service supplied just now, or a stand alone venture I would still say "get good training"!!  :)
Tom

Beachy

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 07:50:53 am »
Playing your cards close to your chest Tom !  :-X

Just after some tips for doing a domestic oven clean !

Not the full blown professional flame thrower jobby !  ;)

bulldug

Re: Oven cleaning New
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 09:37:17 am »
LOL Beachy, sorry about that m8, I've mailed you with some info about an alternative to horrible chemicals.
Let me know how you get on please.
Tom