Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Morph

Build clean/not/what do I do?
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:09:21 pm »
What would you do?
I have a good customer/client.  They have had a new build.  I've done it twice now.
The builders were paid to do a handover clean, they short cut it.  Filthy frames, grimey glass.  Labels mainly gone, but  bit of a bodged job by them.  That's history.
I've submitted my price for maintenance clean, been ok'd. 
2nd clean, frames still so full of build grime and dust that glass is covered in spots.
Some windows still look like I've chucked a bucket of dirty water over them.
White upvc frames are looking good, really clean.  Will the glass come good next time?

Chris Cottrell

Re: Build clean/not/what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:21:54 pm »
I did a new clean for a friend recently had to do trad 4/5 times per pane with pure/gg3 to get them to look good

good result but time consuming .... so i guess if done once a month would eventually come good after a few months

KJG

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »
I hate stuff like this, some one elses sloppy work left up to you and the possibility of damaged relations with a good client.

If the jobs as bad as you say, I don't think wfp will work. I'd run a few windows in using trad each clean or if the boss is OK, try explaining the situation :-\

Jake

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:04:18 pm »
Pj

You need to use a good 4"/5" scraper, on the wet glass, it is the only way to do build cleans. Intrigued by what you call spots, are they mortar spots? or little hard black spots?

Regards........Jake
Exeter, Devon

Morph

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:15:15 pm »
Pj

You need to use a good 4"/5" scraper, on the wet glass, it is the only way to do build cleans. Intrigued by what you call spots, are they mortar spots? or little hard black spots?

Regards........Jake

No mate, not hard spots.  I've done plenty builders cleans in the past.  Gave up on them years ago.  This is just building site grime.  So much that the wash can't cope.  I've tried to mop and squeegee a few, but I'd be up the ladder too long and filthy dirty water in no time.  I think I'll just persevere.  I'll get them right eventually.  The frames are beginning to gleam.  The spots are the usual where the pure water drops have dried leaving the contents...sand and cement dust spots.
Thanks guys anyway.