Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

hot tap outside house
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »
does anyone know if you can run water pipework down the outside of the house without risk of freezing .cheers barry

simon w

Re: hot tap outside house
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »

Sure you can Barry. So long as it's lagged it's no different than having a cold water outside tap. The outside wall below a kitchen window would be a good place to get it plumbed in. Great for filling 25lt containers with hot water if your trad  ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »
thanks simon . dont know if iworded it right but i meant about 10 metres of pipework running from my loft out the fascia and down the outside wall and then fitting a tap to the wall . did you mention trad  ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
Yup, mine is from the house to the garage about 15 metres all told.
Keep it well lagged or if you can, bury it-the ground is warmer (I think).
Had mine in 2 years here without so much as a hiccup.
And we live on top of a hill (feels colder, not sure if it actually is)

www.laneswindowcleaning.com rutland
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

simon w

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
thanks simon . dont know if iworded it right but i meant about 10 metres of pipework running from my loft out the fascia and down the outside wall and then fitting a tap to the wall . did you mention trad  ;D

Trad or WFP a hot water outside tap is always useful  ;)

jk999

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:24:55 pm »
my tds reading from my house is around 300 when I took reading off hot water from tap it doubled 

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »
thanks for the replies . will get a plumber to have a look . not that bothered about the tds going up a bit , its pretty  low round here and i will only use the hot water a few times each winter . cheers barry

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 07:34:03 am »
Takes about an hour to do we live in a  cottage/bungalow  so ran the tap down inside of wall with shut off lever cold water tap though so used plastic pipe cheaper and easier to run through loft then 2-3 metres of copper pipe . so quite cheap as a mate did it

Not sure about hot water you may need copper pipe =£££  more . Mike

robert mitchell

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:52 am »
You can use plastic pipe for hot too,  most central heating systems are made with it now .
Cheap and easy to plumb :)
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

dave f

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:56:23 am »
get a washing machine plumbing kit 10 min job all you do is fix the connecter to wall screw the tap part in to pipe its self sealing then use what ever competion fittings needed easy that will be £10 please ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 09:59:29 am »
get a washing machine plumbing kit 10 min job all you do is fix the connecter to wall screw the tap part in to pipe its self sealing then use what ever competion fittings needed easy that will be £10 please ;D
i would never use one of them again for trying to fill my system they slow it down
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dave f

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »
could depend on your mains presure

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 01:02:48 pm »
could depend on your mains presure
flow rate and pressure
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)