Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Shanahan

Too High a flow rate?
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:05:53 pm »
Evening Chaps

Just done my own house for the 1st time WFP, gave it a nice deep clean but when it came to rinsing was beading up so thought id spend a bit of extra time rinsing.

The glass has spotted, i had the varistream on 5 to help the rinse, i usually use 3 or 4 if needed. 

Could the water have been coming out too fast and deflecting off glass and not giving adequate water coverage?

Smudger

Re: Too High a flow rate?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:25 pm »
so many variables here -  fans - pencil jets - rinse on/off glass - how long since last cleaned and do you
do the top frame - did you get water in the vent .....   was it windy ???

sounds like you may not have rinsed enough

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »
if its first time wfp did you do all the frames first?
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

Joe Shanahan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:47:19 pm »
Pencil Jets- Rinse Off- 1st time WFP washed all frames, no vents.  5 minutes rinsing per window  ???

Wondering if flow rate too high and water just bouncing off glass?

Steve Sed

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
What is the tds? Either that or frames not clean enough? On first cleans now I always use g101. I find it takes the guesswork out of are frames clean enough.

Joe Shanahan

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »
0 mate.

I was using G101 but didnt find it that great compared to pure.

Will give it another clean tomorrow with a lower flow rate.

Doesnt do much for the confidence though.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »
Hi Joe

What are the frames made of?

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »
it's all a huge learning curve - no one does it right every time from the get go

just have another bash - practice makes perfect as they say

keep positive

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:10:34 pm »
its like cleaning with a mop and blade its not instant you have to learn how to do it. its not a magic wand  ;D
Dave.

Joe Shanahan

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:27:13 pm »
I know guys cheers. 

Ive done a few hundred WFP now and just hoping they aint all coming out like this!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 07:12:00 am »
The only way to clean windows the first time is to clean them all the way round the house, leave for 5 mins then come back and do a glass only clean all the way round the house.

You're washing years of dirt off the frames, so you're not going to get the glass clean in one go.

Always works plus you don't need to spend an age rinsing.

Vin

home6442

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:02:53 pm »
Make a mistake using traditional methods and custys blame the cleaner.
Make a mistake using wfp and custys blame the system.
Id go back and check the few hundred and clean them again if needed.
If going from trad to wfp take it slow.
Pick a few houses to start with and practice on them until you master it.
I know a guy who went from 20 years trad to wfp overnight.
He lost a lot of custys who now wouldnt let a wfp cleaner near their windows.
They blame the system.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »
The only way to clean windows the first time is to clean them all the way round the house, leave for 5 mins then come back and do a glass only clean all the way round the house.

You're washing years of dirt off the frames, so you're not going to get the glass clean in one go.

Always works plus you don't need to spend an age rinsing.

Vin

I agree with Vin,

this is the best way. In fact we did several houses and then came back to the first and did them again glass only. The time delay made sure that they had virtually dried off by the time we started again.

Another issue you will have is that no matter how rigid your pole is, you won't have the strength and experience to aim the brush head so the jets of water don't spray everywhere you don't want them to. This is itself will take time to master.

Slowly does it and don't panick. We managed to get it right eventually with Unger Teleplus poles and Vikan oval brush head - but it took time.

I remember 1 house we still do 9 years later. The front lounge windows wouldn't stop running a milky white - UPVC frames. Thank goodness it was downstairs. But the 4th go I dried the frames down with a cloth and bladed the windows. The next time I went around I expected the same problem and was expecting to loose the customer. The windows were perfect and have been ever since.

Spend time on the first clean and get it right. The second will be easier and the third a doddle. Don't give in. If you think you have a problem with a too higher flow rate then try it a bit slower, nothing wrong with a bit of trial and error.

Personally, 4 is good for me on my Varistream now, although I used 3 for years as 4 was slightly to high. I only use 5 if the glass doesn't sheet well, but on normal everyday cleans I find 5 wastes too much water during the washing stage, although it's great for rinsing. But I use a lot more water on 5 with very little time gain with a quicker rinse.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 05:02:58 pm »
So often I read about flow rate but a lot will depend on the flow rate in liters fo water on the glass my pump put 7 liters per minute so I never have a rinsing  problem as my pole is more like a hot jet wash. When I| used a back pack I did have problems with the 2.6 liters per minute flow rate. Just not enough to float rinse the muck off.