Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Best back pack ??
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »
Maybe time to get one of these.

What would you suggest .. thinking capacity more important than looks.

SB Cleaning

Re: Best back pack ??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
I use the wcw  one 18 litre does me.

Richard60

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:42 pm »
if you buy the wcw one .dont forget to seal the gap between the top n bottom part ,to stop the water getting on the battery fittings n rusting them off .olso on the silver controller undo the screw holding it on n push some sealent into gap to stop water getting in or the cotroller will pack up .   ps  as a xtra precation i put a tupper ware container over battery just in case ..as u can tell from above i have had a few probs with mine .. mind you i use mine monday to friday everyweek so it has a bit of useage   tacky 

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:30 pm »
Used a gardiners and wcw backpack.

wcw - great handle for carrying but not that strong

gardiners - handle not as good as wcw but is very strong & sturdy. Mine keeps going over in the van and its still as strong as the day i got it
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Steve H

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:06 am »
just been looking at the gardiners backpack (18 litre) and the gardiner trolley (33 litres i think) does anyone use these? I assume you would have to niy the gardiner wfp and brushes etc separately.  The system itself looks decemt as a starter, im only looking to do upstairs windows to start with ie those houses that i cant do now due to no access with a ladder to certain windows etc.

Any feed back on these fellas much appreciated - ive also seen the wcw version which looks decent

Thanks in advance

Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 12:45:43 am »
Gardibackpack don't sellI' the trolley any more, just the spares.

Ive got my gardiners backpack on an ikea trolley (£9) and it fits like a glive
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Richard60

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
steve h read my post  above on wcw back pack .
 dont know if gardiners have any of these problems richard 60 alias tacky

John pearce

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:19 pm »
if you buy the wcw one .dont forget to seal the gap between the top n bottom part ,to stop the water getting on the battery fittings n rusting them off .olso on the silver controller undo the screw holding it on n push some sealent into gap to stop water getting in or the cotroller will pack up .   ps  as a xtra precation i put a tupper ware container over battery just in case ..as u can tell from above i have had a few probs with mine .. mind you i use mine monday to friday everyweek so it has a bit of useage   tacky 
some good tips there richard, i like you use mine alot and getting problems with the switch, i shall seal mine, john.    :)

Richard60

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:50:31 pm »
jp when my controller switch packed .up i disconected it and joined wires inside back pack .and worked it off the tap .i contacted wcw who sent me a new controller .free of charge .but they said if i put the old controller on warm radiator it would dry out . richard 60 alias tacky

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 04:31:24 pm »
shurflo backpack,mine 4/5years old and still used daily on odd jobs,still on same battery as new,and no problems at all,well worth it.

and this backpack was used every day no stop when i first started ;D

Steve H

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 04:56:03 pm »
Cheers fellas, i will have a look at the posts

Thanks for the info.

Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Richard60

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29:42 pm »
shurflo was the first backpack i had .about 4 yrs ago .switch under back pack .used it bout 6 months n the switch packed up .i know their is a post on here somewear wear a few of the guys transfered the switch to the top of backpack .mines in the back of garage some were ,never to fussed on it myself .but a few of the guys on here like them .marks out of 10 = 2

wcw backpack marks out of 10 =6

gardenirs bp not had one YET .but it will be my next one
but these ar just my views

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »
Maybe time to get one of these.

What would you suggest .. thinking capacity more important than looks.

Ian, I will have a few options to show on the demo night... backpack and a couple of small trolley's systems...

John pearce

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »
jp when my controller switch packed .up i disconected it and joined wires inside back pack .and worked it off the tap .i contacted wcw who sent me a new controller .free of charge .but they said if i put the old controller on warm radiator it would dry out . richard 60 alias tacky
thanks tacky, will do that when it eventually packs up, or may even put my own switch on,  but at the top.  :)