Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

Washpole retrofit
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:49 pm »
Hi guys
I was wondering if you could help me. I am in the process of refitting my Truckmount carpet machine into a new van (bear with me!) Part of the machine is a 350L saddle tank which I fill with tap water, then a surflo pump then puts it into the main tank for carpet cleaning. Do you think it would be possible to add say a resin filter and then be able to use the same system to clean windows with. I only need it so i can service about 10 contracts a month that I clean the windows using traditional method at present and the occasional builders clean. I also think that purified water will probably be better for my carpet cleaning as well!
Also if it is possible who would be the best place to send it to. I am in NW Leicester.
Thanks
Tim

stuart mc

Re: Washpole retrofit
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:17 pm »
find out your tds reading 1st, if low enough then you just need to buy a DI and resin, you could just fill the tank with pure as opposed to having the vessel in the van/ up to you really

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »
Last time I checked using my mates tds it was about 350, hard water around here. Would I have everything in the van or do I leave it at my yard. Do you think I can do this for about 500ish? Sorry for the naivity, is it simple to do or do I take it somewhere?
Thanks in advance

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:57 pm »
Should be dead easy to do - de-ionised water is brilliant for carpet cleaning too so you might want to invest in an RO to & filter all your water. ;)

mikey

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:55:30 pm »
try giving these a ring they deal with both carpets and window cleaning on a industrial fitting  http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.co.uk/enforcer-carpet-cleaning-machine-400-psi-3-stage-57-standard-3-stage-57-heavy-duty-vac-system-p-1282.html

Timmy Boy

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:10:42 pm »
So would I have all the bits in the yard and then i just hook up a hose, the water runs through the gubbings and then the water fills the tank on the van or is it not that quick. I knew a guy who had a washpole system a few years ago on his van and half of the water was going down the drain and it took hours to fill up. Is this still the case or was that just an old system he had and it is a lot quicker now. Sorry to be such a thicko on this, just trying to get a good understanding.

mikey

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:05 pm »
timmy  i purify my water in the garden from the garden tap into  a small pumped 200gpd system in the garden  2 x   210ltr tubs    from bnq  it takes 6 hours to fill 1 tub   then i transfer to van with the same garden hose and transfer pump submersable  £30 bnq   

Timmy Boy

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »
ok thanks so far
so I have spoken to the cleaning warehouse (ebay) today and a very helpful chap suggested the following:
1 x IBC 1000L container - £50.00 ebay
1 x RO system (smaller one which would take about 15 odd hours to work - £258.00
1 x pump and controller for the van - £150.00
1 x pole - £100-200 depending on quality etc
1 x microbore hose and reel - £139.00
Various hose connectors and bits and bobs - £30.00
Submursible pump to get water out of IBC  - £50ish

Is there anything else I will need do you think and are the prices about right.
Thanks
Tim

mikey

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:49:54 pm »
go to pure freedom window cleaning for your system      200gpd pumped 

gardiners window cleaning for you pole    clx  22 or 27

hope this helps   8) 8)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:58:11 pm »
Vyair RO's are very well priced,.. worth a look.  ;)

Timmy Boy

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 08:28:17 am »
Hi guys
Sorry to bring up my post again, but was wondering if this set up on eBay ticks all my boxes - bit concerned about the RO supplied, it has one less tube on it than I was looking at buying but for 300 it seems like a bargain?
eBay no:

Thanks
Tim