Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

help upvc stains.
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:35:01 pm »
done a favour today for a chap,  a small upvc square frame  partitian   fell of his window,   the small bit that makes widows  into small square design,       i said i would stick it back on for him,   he put some super glue on it  as i tried to stick it on    it slipped onto window ledge  glue dropping on to ledge,   my response to wipe it off, horror   my cloth made it all    dirty with the glue not coming off,     its all dry now  but has left a dirty mark on bedroom frame ,     does anyone know of a good aplicator for upvc to roughly restore its whiteness again,   would T CUT   white  if used on the sill    get it white again,    or is there a spray or something to spray on to bring back to white.

4S Cleaning

Re: help upvc stains.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »
Sandpaper of different courseness use the roughest first then work your way down to the smoothest too buff up  ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »
Jml doktor power
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:17 pm »
Magica 1 Go

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:08:26 am »
Thompson UPVC restorer is great
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

LWC

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 09:34:12 am »

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:09 am »
ill have a scroll through google, motor world car shops sell upvc t cut £5    i may try white spirits or similar , worst thing is , his house is up 4 sale,   stuck it back on with hard as nails from pound land,     should have used this first   dooh

johnny bravo

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39:15 am »
i will try ciff first,  cheers,            i might try white vinegar   that has 1000sss  of uses.

rosskesava

Re: help upvc stains. New
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:46:51 am »
You can buy stuff to remove superglue. Most places that sell a good range of those types of glues usually sell remover as well.

I bought mine in a shop that sells model aircraft and all that type of thing.

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/tiles/adhesives-sealants/adhesives/-specificproducttype-loctite/LOCTITE-Glue-Remover-Tube-5g-9254453?skuId=9262152
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.