Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

best chemicals for wooden decking
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »
for those of you that clean wooden decking what's generally the best stuff to pre clean the decking before pressure washing it. i understand you don't use a high pressure when pressure cleaning it but wondered if you guys pre treat it with anything first.
cheers
paul

p1w1

Re: best chemicals for wooden decking
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 09:33:21 pm »
 ???

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »
I don't think a lot of the cheap decking can be retrieved that well once it has been neglected.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »
I don't think a lot of the cheap decking can be retrieved that well once it has been neglected.

And there speaks one of our window cleaning experts

Gray1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »
Hi p1w1.  I was told to try Swift and Sure Algae remover, suitable for Plastics,Wood, Stone & Brick.
I havn't tried any as yet, but just one to think about and compare.

Gray1

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »
thanks gray1...

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:35:38 am »

Yeah about as useful as your post

Roger Oakley

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

Yeah about as useful as your post

Don't even go there, anyway is it just dirt you need to clean or has the deck been stained or oiled before? If it has then what condition is it in? What will you be doing with the deck after it has been cleaned, just leaving it or applying further treatment?
You can bring back cheaper decking boards back to looking new, just takes a bit of time and is not always the cheapest option for the client.

Tony Edwards

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

What a happy chappie you are !

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »
ok guys i dont want to turn this into a have a dig at each other  topic was just after a couple of recommendations for some good decking cleaner  :)...
 Roger thanks for the questions,basically its some wooden decking that has not been cleaned for a number of years and has got very slippery.
It doesn't have any kind of sealant on it but by the looks of it it's been stained in the past probably when first laid.
She basically asked me to clean it as best as possible for a party they are having and is not bothered in having it oiled or re-stained afterwords (although i did point out it should be done as soon as possible afterwords). This is for a window cleaning customer of mine and although i do alot of pressure washing for my customers i haven't cleaned decking before but have done a bit of research on it, was just asking the pro's like yourself on a good decking cleaner to try and get the best results for her.

cheers

paul

Roger Oakley

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »
ok guys i dont want to turn this into a have a dig at each other  topic was just after a couple of recommendations for some good decking cleaner  :)...
 Roger thanks for the questions,basically its some wooden decking that has not been cleaned for a number of years and has got very slippery.
It doesn't have any kind of sealant on it but by the looks of it it's been stained in the past probably when first laid.
She basically asked me to clean it as best as possible for a party they are having and is not bothered in having it oiled or re-stained afterwords (although i did point out it should be done as soon as possible afterwords). This is for a window cleaning customer of mine and although i do alot of pressure washing for my customers i haven't cleaned decking before but have done a bit of research on it, was just asking the pro's like yourself on a good decking cleaner to try and get the best results for her.

cheers

paul

Paul,

Ok the best product for you to use to clean, would be Net-Rol, this will clean and brighten the decking but won't remove any of the stain that might be there. Google search Net-Rol to find local stockist or you can get it on line. You will need to work out size of deck to amount of product needed. It is not the cheapest product out there but it works and is safe to use and (don't take this the wrong way) easy to use if you have not done decking before. Follow instructions and use correct PPE and you shouldn't go wrong.

p1w1

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 04:13:37 pm »

cheers

paul

Paul,

Ok the best product for you to use to clean, would be Net-Rol, this will clean and brighten the decking but won't remove any of the stain that might be there. Google search Net-Rol to find local stockist or you can get it on line. You will need to work out size of deck to amount of product needed. It is not the cheapest product out there but it works and is safe to use and (don't take this the wrong way) easy to use if you have not done decking before. Follow instructions and use correct PPE and you shouldn't go wrong.

thanks for the reply much appreciated