Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David lyddon

Fao dazmond
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »
Hi daz
just looking for some expert and positive  help( but you will do) only messing m8.
when you went from lugging the trolley around to going van mount how did you get
on with the compact work, moving the van,reeling in hoses etc.
had trolley for 6 months and getting peeded off with the slog.
you seem to have it sorted now.
all the best.
dave.

lee_dewing

Re: fao dazmond
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »
Sorry not daz.

But I have freedom trolley.

Now leave on board all the time, I have 100 m microbore from gardiners, one of there reels (daz will know name) and connection kit.

I still use 25 ltr barrels and still will as my ro setup is at my parents they don't have off street parking, so barrels is still best.

Best thing I ever did keeping trolley on board.

Think I took trolley of once in last two month's.

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

Re: fao dazmond
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:40:13 pm »
hi david heres what i did

i bought a 350L TANK from gardiners and premium metal hosereel(about £40)and 100m of microbore.i also bought a fitting for connecting extension hose from trolley to hosereel.i also got some 5 ton rachet straps and me and my dad strapped the tank down tight through the eyelets in my van floor.

i simply leave the trolley in my van all the time and drop the pipes into tank of pure.at the end of the day i reel an extension lead out to the van to charge the battery and fill up tank(DI only).it takes around an hour to fill the tank.i also kept two 25L barrels to take me up to 400L if need be although i find 350L does me most days.

i NEVER take the trolley out.i use van mount all the time.its easier.less faffing pushing trolley,changing barrels which wastes time and is hard work!!

i simply turn pump on,grab pole and reel out to my first job and start cleaning.the hose does do my head in sometimes but it gets easier once your used to it.

i would NEVER GO BACK TO THE TROLLEY EVER AGAIN!!ive been working like this for over a year now.my first year was trolley only and looking back i was stupid and stubborn to not take other guys advice on here and ditch the trolley or use it as a van mount.

on very compact work sometimes i only need to move the van twice in a day as 100m goes a long way!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

hope that helps mate!

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

David lyddon

Re: Fao dazmond
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
Cheers daz
sounds like i need to make the move.
thanks for the help.
cheers dave

Steve Sed

Re: Fao dazmond
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »
I use my trolley as a van mount. Works brilliantly. I have minibore though.