Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Fascia Board Cleaning
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »
Hello there i've got a lot of tips off here in the last few months as I've started out traditional method for now until I make the investment in wfp. Picked up my first fascia board cleaning job and just have a few questions that may sound obvious but I just want to make sure I'm doing a good job.

Is there a certain method to doing these or is it just a case of wiping off the dirt? Any particular cleaning chemicals I should use or will squeegee off and water do the trick? I spoke to another window cleaner and he said he uses fairy liquid and a small amount of tee cut in the bucket.

Also how do you go about pricing these jobs? Is there a meter rate people tend to work to? I just had a look and guessed it would take an hour so said £25.

Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you.

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: Fascia Board Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »
All ive ever used is a drop of fairy and cold or warm water. Ive never had any issue with this, nor have any of my customers ever complained that the job is not satifactory.

As for your price... are you happy with £25 for an hours work?... if so, then great :)

Good luck with your new venture.

TomSE

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
Thank you for that James much appreciated.  :)

Tom

Dick

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:22:15 pm »
I use just a spot of fairy liquid, don't use too much as you'll never get rid of the soap, and then wipe with a car sponge (bug shifter) with a rough side to get rid of dirt first then the other side of the sponge to clean off then dry with a mircofibre cloth. Job done.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »
Hello there i've got a lot of tips off here in the last few months as I've started out traditional method for now until I make the investment in wfp. Picked up my first fascia board cleaning job and just have a few questions that may sound obvious but I just want to make sure I'm doing a good job.

Is there a certain method to doing these or is it just a case of wiping off the dirt? Any particular cleaning chemicals I should use or will squeegee off and water do the trick? I spoke to another window cleaner and he said he uses fairy liquid and a small amount of tee cut in the bucket.

Also how do you go about pricing these jobs? Is there a meter rate people tend to work to? I just had a look and guessed it would take an hour so said £25.

Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you.

£25 seems far too low to me.  cleaning boards is easy enough to do WFP, but i reckon its a nasty job tradding it.

We do it for £25 - £40 a side
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk