Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garybristow

Re: Blazer gt service,wand jets blocked
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:58:48 pm »
ive now officially descaled my machine ,im now being told to rinse with water ie run the machine for a long time to really flush out crap,do we agree with that?
i did use the day after descale and the poxy jets got bunged up within minutes,unbelievable
gary

Len Gribble

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 07:37:12 pm »
Jim

Can’t you remember what you said/wrote read the profanity instructions I can be  ;D

Gary

What a bummer back to square one. How much did it cost you :'(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »
ive now officially descaled my machine ,im now being told to rinse with water ie run the machine for a long time to really flush out crap,do we agree with that?
i did use the day after descale and the poxy jets got bunged up within minutes,unbelievable
gary

Can you not run an inline filter after the QC

John Kelly

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:11 pm »
Did you do what I told and put a blank quick connect on the end of your solution lines. You need to do this and flush it through thoroughly before attaching any tools.

garybristow

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 12:21:44 am »
sorry to be thick john
what do you mean?
i ran the machine for an hour ,i plugged in a male connecter into the solution hose connector with 2 foot of pipe attached to it and just let the water flow out,probably run 170 litres of water through it
gary

Jim_77

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:41 am »
Crikey that's well more than enough flushing out!  I normally flush through for about 10 minutes tops after de-scaling.  Something is definitely not right.  Have you looked at your Y-strainer?

Len, to answer your question:  Toast the rigid goldfish under gently suspension bridge louder whilst honeybee wobble the walking stick combine harvester.

John Kelly

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:58 am »
Gary, I would descale it again, I know its a pain but if its a heavy build up it will take a bit of shifting. Local guy with a Blazer had to do it 3 times before it was cleared.
Also i would attach your solution lines and put the blank connector on the end of these and flush through whilst flushing the machine. It doesn't take much to block your jet and there may have been scale debris already in the pipework of the tools.

garybristow

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »
ok ohn see what you mean
i attached solution hose to the wand,took off the 4 sprayers and taped the trigger up so it flushed through,did that for 20 mins so the solution hose was flushed
gary

Steven duncan

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:20 am »
buy larger jets for your wand 95010 will do the job, how many of you actually own
truckmounts over there.

Jim_77

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:44 am »
Over where?!

95010 is a bit too specific advice when you don't know what wand he's running... in all probability unless he's got a 10 jet wand that will be a smaller jet size :)

Going up a jet size isn't a solution to debris blocking the jets, and it completely changes the dynamic of your cleaning system so should only be done as a positive, conscious move to alter your style.  Getting rid of the source of the problem is the solution, and I agree with JK that the de-scaling hasn't been sufficient in the first place.  There is absolutely no reason why a TM should constantly cause these problems... it just takes an understanding of the equipment to manage it correctly.

Gary if you want someone to talk you through this, email me your phone number and I'll help you out mate.  You seem to be choosing the easiest answers in hope of solving your problem.  You could put a million litres of water through the thing but if it isn't de-scaled properly you'll still get the bits coming off and causing blockages!

garybristow

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »
thanks jim youre a diamond,i have however finally sorted it out!!i took it to prochem to service it,i told them i descaled ,they asked if i cleaned the chemical check valve and the solution screen! needless to say i didnt (how am i suppost to know?) i used it today it was perfect,i asked them why dont they have that info in the manual?
when things go wrong thats when you learn how the thing works
they gave me a tip on how to clean the solutions hoses which may have helped as well,put half a litre of fibre and fab in the header tank, run it through the hoses and leave in for an hour then flush through aparently they clean machines with it and everything
so thanks to everyone who contributed to my problem
gary

AshWhite

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »
Isn't that basically what a descale is??
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »
Gary, I wrote in one of my earlier posts to inspect the Y-strainer!!!

Glad you got it sorted though and you are 100% right - it's only when things go wrong that you really learn about how your machinery works!  I have learned a lot about heat exchangers in the last couple of weeks :-\

Fib/fab probably contains a very mild acid like citric, which will have a modest effect on light build up of scale.  It's nowhere near the effectiveness of a decent phosphoric de-scaler, which you should use for a major de-scale every now and then.  Most important thing is to keep your water softener charged properly, don't get slack with it... prevention being better than cure, and all that.

garybristow

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »
wise words
thanks
gary