Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gary Longley

Re: PSI
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 08:05:14 pm »

Why would you want to 'clean' a carpet using 500psi? You want to clean the fibre with as little moisture as possible not powerwash the damn thing  ;D

Cleaning the carpet at 500 psi gives a much quicker and better clean. Doesn't make the carpet any wetter as strangely the more water you put down the more you can vac up.
Most truckmounters operate between 300 & 600.

Sorry, but I disagree. I've seen time and time again the amount of damage that is done by using high PSI. Take a look at a hessian backing, underlay & sub-floor once you've 'power washed' it with that sort of pressure. You're there to clean the fibre not the backing.

You say it doesn't make the carpet any weter???? Arh? There is a big difference blasting 500psi of water down to say 70 or 100 psi?????

The amount of damage I've seen with these truck mounts and high psi machines  :o  :o

Before commenting, go and clean a carpet with that pressure, lift it back and just take a look....... you'll have a shock!!!!  :o

Gary, you are talking about one of the most knowledgeable minds in our industry and you don't even have a website. I see some funny things get said on here by lots of people (some of whom have been around along time) but yours made me shake my head in bemusement and I am rarley shocked by some of what I read on here.  ::)

That's good Peter, after 35 years in the business I think I'm fairly knowlegable too. I've sold, fitted & probably cleaned every type of carpet since those early days and rest assured I've seen the damage a large amount of water can do, not only to the carpet. I standby original comments.

How many years have you been carpet cleaning Peter (with respect)?

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 08:06:14 pm »
Enough to know that most carpets can actually be cleaned at 1000psi if you have the right recovery  ;)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 08:07:32 pm »
I expect you need 4" hose to get all the carpet bits up.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »
It staggers me that people with so many years in this industry know so little. Look at Paul Moss, in years he's practically a juvenile in this game yet he knows 10 times more than most that have practised for 5 times more than he has.

He is just one example of many as there are just as many (if not more) that apply in the oppoosite way (make your own minds up  ;) )Just trying to add a little perspective to proceedings but what would I know.

Happy Pete

Gary Longley

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »
It staggers me that people with so many years in this industry know so little. Look at Paul Moss, in years he's practically a juvenile in this game yet he knows 10 times more than most that have practised for 5 times more than he has.

He is just one example of many as there are just as many (if not more) that apply in the oppoosite way (make your own minds up  ;) )Just trying to add a little perspective to proceedings but what would I know.

Happy Pete

Hands up if you can understand the latter part of this post  ;D